A Meeting I can't Hear

(CHAPTER 40 LADIES AND GENTS...OR MAYBE JUST FANGIRLS...I don't know so I'm gonna say people alright? But we have made it into chapter 40 of this book and we are nearly to the ending guys. Not really but sorta-ish. ANYWAY! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter of
A Meeting I can't Hear!)

P.S. guys I don't own this song it rightfully belongs to Zack Hemsey. (It's also one of my favorite songs as well even though it's really long. I just like how it sounds.😋)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Lucy's P.O.V)

I landed in front of the entrance and ran. I knew I was going to regret waking everyone up when they should be sleeping peacefully. While running up the grand stairs jumping over two steps; I paced around the dark hallways with the shadows growing more.

"Adroath... Adroath!" I loudly whispered hoping he would walk out from one of the many doors. The darkness stealthily consumed the hallways creating a darker atmosphere, giving me the feeling of being watched. "The darkness is my domain child. Let us hope you're not being watched by the shadows..."

The sound of feet scurrying across the marble floor made me bring out my Goddess Sword while shaking like a leaf. "It's only an illusion. This is all happening in my head." I whispered trying to put my sword away and to calm myself.

Tap....Tap....Tap!

There's something here with me. I could feel the eyes that I couldn't find watch me in the dark. My breathing picked up in speed which started to make me hyperventilate. Stay calm Lucy. It's the curse doing this to you. "Is it Lucy?"

"Where are you..." My eyes landed at the end of one of the hallways to see two glowing white eyes piercing right into my soul. The air in my lungs were sucked away and my muscles stiffen making me no longer have the ability to move. The creature growled while slowly approaching me, almost like it's taking its time to reach me. "You're...not
r-real." I cried softly begging someone to find me. The monster was closer showing his humongous hands that could crush my head like a grape, its back arching with spikes coming out of it and the way it seemed to be made out of black liquid. My sword clattered onto the floor making it echo in the palace. "Someone...help." The monster reached its hand out for me ready to start its torture.

"Lady Lucy?!" A hand was placed on my shoulder sending me turning to face the silhouette of the shadow of an old man who was holding a candle. My breathing was heavy and turned back to no longer see the creature that was about to kill me. "What are you doing out of bed? You must get rest-"

"Adroath! Wake everyone up and send them to the Dining Hall now! War is coming in a week and we must get ready now!" Adroath gasped from hearing me speak and to learn about a war coming far to soon. "I will immediately retrieve them Lady Lucy! Go to the Dining Hall now!" Adroath turned around to go get my friends, but there was one I needed most. "Adroath?" He glanced back wanting to hurry and receive my comrades. "Yes?"

"Can you also please get Teral? I need him now more than ever." Adroath nodded before going back in the dark shadowed hallways. I went back downstairs to go into the Dining Hall and began to light up the large room as much as possible. With the power of the Light Goddess, I created the orbs made of light to float around while emitting off what feels like the sun's rays. "Lucy-nee!" My head shot at the door to see my little exceed fly into my chest. "Is it true you can speak again? Please say something!"

"Something." I joked while watching Teral hugging and crying joyful tears into my shirt. "Lucy!" My head again went back to the door with my nakamas in their pajamas running over to me. Wendy and Happy jumped onto me with their own bear hugs. "It's so wonderful to see you talking again Lu-shee! Now you can be a blabber mouth again!"

"Keep talking and I'll make sure you won't have a feather on those pretty wings of yours..." I warned with him now hiding behind Erza while vibrating from fear. "And she's still scary as ever." He mumbled under his breath. Before I could shout back at him, Gray patted my head with his usual grin. "It's nice to have you back Lucy." Erza nodded with her arms crossed over while having a small smile on her face. Erza then turned her head as if looking for someone. "Do any of you know where Natsu is?"

Oh no...

"Last time I saw Flame Brain was when he was visiting Lucy." Every eye went to my direction wanting an explanation about Natsu's absence. "Ummm...well you see-" The door opened with a person walking in, and dear Mavis he looked  extremely angry. "Ah! Speaking of the idiot, Flame Breath, where you been?"
Natsu glared at me with annoyed eyes. "Oh well I decided to walk in the dark woods while finding myself lost and needed to you my sense of smell to find my way back. And to also hit a bunch of trees as well!" Natsu yelled while pulling out twigs out of his hair and vest.

"Alright before you get mad at me Natsu, I need to tell everyone what's going on. And none of you are going to like it." We all settled in the benches with me beginning to explain our situation.

"When I returned from the Midnight Realm, my voice was sealed away by Zelroth to no longer having the ability to talk." I stopped to see if any questions would fly at me. Still silent. "But thanks to Natsu, I am now free from the curse and can speak again. However, I woke up with Zelroth speaking to me in my head, which is why I now know that in a week Aria will be placed in a war that we're not ready to fight in."

"Zelroth told you that the war is coming in a week? Why would he do that and just give up a surprise attack?" Erza asked with her hand cupping her chin.
"I don't know myself Erza, but all I know is that we need an army and to evacuate the city now. There are over thousands of citizens that need to go over the border of the woods where I need three of you to take them into the next town."

Before anyone could talk, I put my hand up to stop any of them. "I don't want to know any of the plans or details on this. From here on out I am no longer going to be in any other meetings or to know the battle plan. The only thing I am doing is I will be going to bring our army out of slumber. I'm sorry Erza, but there is no time to teach any of the citizens how to fight." Their faces held shock and confusion on why I was doing this. "Why don't you want to know what's going on Luce?" Natsu asked who looked confused out of all of them.

I put my index finger on my temple.

"Zelroth. He can hear everything that I hear, so the more I don't know about this, the better we have a chance at winning. The only thing that we need to do is to get the army and to evacuate the people. End of discussion on my part." I put my legs over the bench and stood up to start walking out.

"What are you going to do until then Lucy-San?" Wendy asked while holding Carla in her lap. "I'm going into the Forbidden Woods. I'm hoping I could reach the commander so I can have permission in being the general of the army." Great more confused glanced. "But aren't you already Lucy?" Gray questioned. I shook my head to answer him. "Seraphina was the general of the guardians. In order for me to be the general, then I'm going to have to prove myself to him." Teral came over and snuggled into my arms. "Well you're not going alone Lucy-nee! I'm not leaving your side at all!" I smiled at the fuzzball and focused back to my friends. "I may be gone for a day or two, but I'll be back with an army before you know it."

They all told me good luck and to come back not too torn up. Teral was being held in my arms while I strolled about of the palace. "Lucy-nee..." I scanned at the sight in front of me with the trees dancing in the wind. "Yes Teral?" Teral pulled something out with the sound of jingling along with it. "You forgot these." Teral put the object in my hand to show me something I completely forgot about.

My keys.

"You forgot them in the Dining Hall before you went into the past life. I wanted to give it to you but...you were busy." I tightened my grip on Teral to make it a hug. "Thank you for taking care of them Teral. You really are my other half!" Teral blushed and looked away. "Let's just go and wake up the commander Lucy-nee!" I giggled while pulling out my wings and flew into the cool starry night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Chapter 40 ehhhh....I know it was not good but it's gonna get better! Have a little faith and I promise it'll get better. Well I'm gonna go to sleep guys! As always...LOVE YOU ALL!!!❤️)