Unfamiliar surroundings

Slow mornings like this one were heavenly. No rush. No stress. Just the excitement of meeting people, who probably are going to stay in your life for as long as you are breathing. More like nervousness about the upcoming events.

"Eleanor? You ready?" he appeared in the room as a pleased ghost.

I smiled back at his reflection in the mirror: "Yes." Taking one last look at my mirror image, I grabbed my creamy shoulder bag. He caught hold of my hand and we left the cozy flat.

On our short and sweet walk to the cafe I looked around the city in warm sunlight. It is true when they say that one city at daytime and the same one at night are two completely different places. The boutiques on both sides of the busy street looked absolutely stunning. Each one was welcoming me with a new eye-catcher. It sometimes saddens me to think that people don't appreciate the fussy yet calm atmosphere - it has something special about it.

Familiar faces blosssomed in the chairs around the table by a cafe with home-y curtains. The beauty of the moment was undefinable - you're meeting someone for the first real time when in all actuality you've spoken to them too many times. The round of hugs was not long, but it was heartfelt.

He sat down and, placing my hands on his shoulders, I lightly whispered from behind: "I am going to get drinks. Coffee?"

"Yeah, thank you," he pecked my lips and smiled warmly.

My legs bought me to the end of the line while my eyes scanned through the menu above the cash register. Often we want to try new things, we strive for them, but end up in the same old spot burried deep within the same old environment. Our fear for new things, places, people, orders prevents us from forming new healthy habits. 

I returned to the table with two steaming mugs of hot beverages and joined the joyous conversation. Sometimes new people give us more favourable experiences than the ones who surround us every day.