Insecurities

You can never imagine the feeling until you get to experience it on your own skin. Loving him came in waves, that night it felt like I was drowning. I tried to call him, but his phone seemed to be turned off all day long. Bad thoughts started making their debut, but for some reason I didn't stop them. My heart wrenched and clutched in every possible way.

A knock on the door disturbed my thinking. I did not bother looking into the peep-hole and opened it straight away. A very smiley boy stood in front of me with a suitcase next to him: "I missed you."

As the reality hit me, I jusmped into his hug. "I love you so much." We entered the flat and just like that all the bad thoughts were gone. I gave him a quick tour around the small flat of mine and we spent the rest of the night talking and cuddling.

Nothing feels better than bing snuggled up to someone you have not seen in a long time. Listening to them talking and feeling their body vibrations as they laugh. But that is the thing about distance relationship - you are separated for a while, you miss them more and more with every single day, you appreciate them more than anything in your life. Many so-called normal relationship lack that, they frequently do not know what longing is, they do not really know how to appreciate their loved ones.

But they also do not know the feeling that creeps into you out of nowhere, the feeling that something is terribly wrong. 

I believe that this feeling is caused by our insecurities, we often fail to accept the fact that we are enough, that someone loves us for being us. We are so used to being hurt. It is ridiculous. Were we really brought into this world to be in pain constantly, to forget what love is, to doubt other people just because there once was someone who underappreciated us?