Bliss

Next few months passed by quickly. Meetings with him got frequent. I was still beaming about the proposal. The thought of him asking my family for a permission to marry me alone brought me over the moon.

One sunny day he had arrived to see me receive my diploma. In fact, he was the only one who came. The ceremony was pretty simple - a couple speeches, a river of tears, a lot of diplomas.

"So how does the freedom feel?" he smiled at me.

A stupid grin took over my face: "Have not realised it yet, but so far it is wonderful, especially when you are here."

"When are you going to apply for the job?" 

"I already did, I told you a couple nights ago," I laughed.

He processed the newly-given information for a second: "Right, sorry."

We took off to a fancy restaurant, which was not my scene at all. As we sat in front of each other, my thoughts were focused only on him and the future we had ahead of us. They were interrupted by my ringtone. "Hey mom!"

"Congratulations, dear! We are so proud of you," she nearly yelled.

I sighed with a smile: "I just wish you could have made it here."

"I am sorry, but you know how this goes," she explained again, "at least your fiance is there."

"We are at restaurant right now so I cannot talk much."

"Okay, tell him I said hi, have a wonderful day, dear!"

"Thanks, bye!"

At that exact moment I realised that my life is perfect at the time being. I was soon-to-get-married. I had my wonderful family and few great friends. And to top that off - I just graduated univeristy! What else could I wish for?

Our food finally arrived and I stole another glance at him, our eyes met and pure bliss took over me. I doubt I had ever felt so happy, so complete, so open for new things.