I do

The morning was peaceful until my stylist for the day arrived. It finally hit me that it was my wedding day. I was watching my bridesmaids and mother losing their minds. They were running around, panicking about something most probably irrelevant. My brother and father were sitting on both sides of me on the couch just as peaceful as me. It was not like I did not care at all, I just knew that everything was done, and, for all I know, nothing was supposed to go wrong.

He stayed the night at his parent's home, and his sister arrived here a few minutes ago.

An hour later I finally had had breakfast and soon after that the rest of my guests from hometown arrived, including my grandmother and a couple annoying cousins. 

Two hours later I was ready to zip my dress up. As it was done, my mother shed a couple of tears. Finally it was time to go.

The ceremony was being held in a green meadow with dark forest in the background. It was not sunny, nor was it rainy. A typical late spring weather.

Climbing out of the car was just as difficult as getting in due to the size of the dress.

Finally music started playing and the bridesmaids went down the isle. My father tightened his grip on me as we started walking.

I focused my gaze on him and entered a whole different universe, his smile was contagious.

He took both of my hands. "Dear family and friends, today we are gathered here to.." and this is where our memories started flooding my mind. I remembered all the calm evenings with a cup of tea, I remembered all the fun days we ever had, all the chats and all the calls that brought us to where we are now.

"Do you, Gabriel, take Eleanor to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?"

He gave me look of pure love: "I do."

"Do you, Eleanor, take Gabriel to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage?" Tears started welling up in my eyes. "Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him, for as long as you both shall live?"

He rubbed my palm with his thumb as I was trying to gather all my voice for two simple words. I smiled at him: "I do."

Out of the happiness I was constantly spacing out.

He took my ring: "With this ring I pledge my love and commitment," he shakily put the ring on my finger.

I took his ring and repeated the action: "With this ring I pledge my love and commitment."

"By the authority vested in me, witnessed by your family and friends, I have pleasure to pronounce you husband and wife. You may now seal your vows with a kiss."

His arms snaked around my waist and my hands locked behind his neck. The kiss felt perfect. Nearly bittersweet.

"I now have the pleasure of presenting to you Gabriel and Eleanor, husband and wife!"

The meadow errupted in ovaries and applause. 

That is the thing about people - you have to surround yourself with those who will be proud of you and happy about you no matter what, no matter what choices you make in your life. And maybe I have gotten the best ones.

Pureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें