Obstacles

The ride turned out to be too short, I remembered to start worrying just when we parked next to my parents' house. The feeling quickly settled in, without giving me a chance to prevent it.

Soon enough my creators were running out of the door and hugging me. With no less excitement my mother was introduced to him as my father was getting out our bags. Then I introduced him to my father, who was not as delighted as my mother, but he was tolerant. 

We farewelled my best friend and entered the house. After putting our luggage down, we went downstairs to the dining room. My mother had prepared wonderful dinner. My older brother honored us with his arrival as I was bringing the plates out of the kitchen.

"Long time no see, Eleanor. Still annoying I see," my brother greeted me.

"Likewise,  Andy. Likewise," I shot back. "Come on, you have to meet Gabe," I smiled.

"Cannot wait," he muttered under his breath temperously.

The dinner went by smoothly. Of course numerous questions of any kind were thrown at him. He answered all of them with minimal help of mine.

The two most risky situatins of your life are: meeting your loved one's family and your loved one's introduction to your family. You never know what to expect, all that's left is hope, hope for the best.

My family seemed to like him, he was just being himself, he did not change, with my family he was just as perfect as he was with me.

I will forever believe that a couple is meant for each other when there are not many obstacles in their relationship. Our only obstacle was the distance. Sure we had fights, but each one made our relationship stronger. I knew we were meant for each other. I loved him too much, he had to be my one and only. That might sound pathetic or banal, but it is the truth.