Worthy

I decided to bring him to the beach, since he does not live too close to it and I do. My family tagged along, too. All the way to our destination he seemed uneasy. The constant leg shaking and pose change did not slide past my observations.

I placed my hand on his just before we jumpe out of the car: "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," he smiled and kissed me.

I linked our hands as slowly we started moving to the beach that we could already see.

Soon I was left alone with my parents because my brother decided to throw a competition of furthest jumping pebbles. It was ridiculous watching them look for a single rock on a sand beach.

"He is indeed a great guy," my mother spoke as we walked.

I smiled at her: "I know, that is why I fell in love with him."

Soon I found myself hand in hand with him and walking a few steps ahead of my family. Suddenly the whole world stopped.

He jumped in front of me facing my shocked expression. "Eleanor, we have been together for a while, we have been together in happy times, and sometimes not so happy times. I hope that I have proven to you that I am a worthy boyfriend. I am in love with you," with the last six words he dropped down in front of me, quickly grabbing a red box out of his pocket: "Will you marry me?" A ring with a beautiful rock came into my vision.

I wasn't capable of controling my tears anymore, with the first one I nearly screamed out a yes.

His contagious smile infected me. As he was standing up, he pulled the ring onto my finger. As soon as it was on, I jumped to kiss him and all the nearby people errupted into claps and and whistles.

I do not really think we need much for happiness. We do not need huge, expensive stones on our rings or in our ears. All we truly need is a person who will be trying to make us happy until the end of their days. I am sure it would encourage us to be a better person, and the world would seem so much brighter.