Blood Sacrifice: 3. Hangout

I dip my head underwater, feeling the heat on my skin evaporate into nothing. It feels amazing yet a little cold because the ocean isn't warm. We played two games and beat both of them. Now we are in the ocean, dodging the high waves and splashing water against each other.

"Our next game is in twenty minutes." Jill says, pulling her long wet hair behind her shoulders. I nod, tilting my head to the side and watching Nina and Zara fight each other in the water jokingly. Mackenzie is tanning back where our stuff are placed.

"Okay then we should go dry out so we aren't wet when we play." I reply back while she nods. She turns to tell Nina and Zara meanwhile they are splashing water against each other. I chuckle, ready to get out until I feel two large arms grab me from behind.

"Don't freak out, I just wanna talk." He whispers in my ear, running his hands along the bare of my stomach. I feel them go up to my ribs until I grab him and pull his hands off of me. I turn around, coming to face the same boy from earlier, before out first game started.

I turn to look at my friends and they are stopped by his friends, they are talking to each other. The girls don't really care because they flirt with human or vampire but I do. I have Xavier and I am not scared to call him and tell him to come. Because he will.

"What do you want." I say, our bodies floating when a wave goes up below us.

"I just want to say maybe if you guys do win the tournament, we can go out and have a bonfire?" I look down at the water and back to him.

"I don't think so, let me tell you again, I am not interested." I snap back, swimming to shore but he quickly swims in front of me so I can stop.

"Hey, your friends seem like they are. I just want to hang out."

"More like use us." I cross my arms over my chest.

"I don't want to hook up with you or anything. Your friends look single and my friends are single..."

"You think they will date a vampire?"

"You are dating one."

"Touché... By that doesn't matter, that was for the prophecy."

"Diana, come' on. We aren't going to hurt you guys. We just want to have a bonfire and have some fun."

"Like I said, I am not interested." I try to walk past him but he moves in front of me again.

"Aren't you and your boyfriend but ones who want peace between the vampires and humans? Yet you are still scared of us." A smirk appears on his lips and I hear a cheer of laughing. I turn to see and it was Zara with one of his friends. They all are fooling around.

"I am not scared of you guys. I just feel awkward having you guys creepily stalk us than asking us if we want to hang later."

"We weren't stalking. We were just trying to get ya'll attention so later we can make friends and hang out." I turn my attention to my friends again and they were talking to the boys.

"What is your name?" I say to him and he sticks his hand out so I can shake it.

"Ale, a pleasure." I shake his hand slowly until pulling away.

"Listen Ale." I sass towards him while getting closer to his presence. "I already had problems with your kind which causes a couple of deaths from people I knew. If something happens tonight, I won't hesitate to kill you guys." I threateningly say and the smile on his face didn't wash away.

"Sounds like a plan, Diana." He moves away from guarding me and I walk out of the water, walking back to our stuff placed on the sand.

My shadow covers Mackenzie's body and she realizes, opening her eyes.

"Hey, when are we starting our next game?"

"Around ten minutes now."

"You think we are going to win first place?"

"Yeah I think we got it." I reply back with confidence, grabbing my towel and rubbing my body with it. "After we are going to hang out after winning."

Mackenzie gets up and sits on her butt, putting on her sunglasses. I dry my bikini bottom while slipping on my spandex.

"Who?"

"The group of vampires who checked us out earlier."

"Oh fun!" She cheers and suddenly I feel a cold wet body behind me. The person wraps their arms around me and I jump from fright. I turn around and it's Jill dying of laughter.

"Don't do that! I just dried myself." I groan, wiping myself again with my towel. All the girls start drying themselves and getting ready for the game.

"Cheer up. I heard you said to Ale we can all hang out after." She wiggles her shoulders against mine.

"Just for you guys. It seemed like you were having some fun."

"Oh please, now I have Sean."

"You can have some fun, he won't know." Zara says and Nina starts to laugh.

"It seemed like you were interested with one of them." Nina says to Zara.

"Yeah, his name is Lefty."

"Lefty! Hah! What kind of name is that?"

"It's his nickname. His real name is Lefteri."

"Interesting."

"Yeah, he came here from Europe and has a really attractive accent." We all start walking to the first net. There are no other competing teams because this is the final. Everyone else is using the nets for fun.

"Maybe you guys can get in a relationship." Mackenzie suggests and Zara shrugs.

"I guess you know now that vampires and humans are suppose to have peace together."

"But vampires age differently... well, besides Xavier." She turns to me and I drag my feet below the sand.

"Yeah but that is different, that was for the Prophecy."

"True, but it's not like vampires and humans can get into a relationship. If Zara ever got in a relationship with Lefty, she would be a grandma and he would still be young." Jill explains and I nod.

"I understand and it sucks." We all go on the sand court and at our positions. The other team doesn't seem hard to beat so it will be an easy game.

Boring... Sorry!

Next chapter will be pretty good, I promise!

Vote
Comment
Follow me :)