Blood Sacrifice: 31. Sacrifices

May's POV: (third person)

May and Shelia sit across from each other in the basement. They hold onto each other's hands while Shelia did the chant to link them together. May told her how she doesn't have most of her magic because Ethel has it.

When they got home, Shelia made her a warm bath and a large dinner. Her children stayed upstairs to check outside if anyone tries to come and intrude. There was no time for May to sleep or rest so her fragile body was exhausted. However, she understood why there wasn't time because they can kill Diana, Xavier or Alexander.

Shelia finishes the chant and the lit candles around them blow out and they're surrounded with darkness. May quakes in fear when she opens her eyes but Shelia flicks them back on.

"Once we find Ethel to gain your magic back, we'll fight all of them." Shelia assures her and May nods her head.

"We need to tell Diana." May says and Shelia licks her lips.

"There's no way to do that." She's positive about that, however, she still looks through the Grimoire.

"Yes we can. Destiny is here and we can bring her to Diana. We can tell her to let her know we'll be there." May turns her head and looks at Destiny staring back at her. "We can Shelia please." Shelia runs her fingers through her hair full with stress. She doesn't want to waste most of her magic that's linked with May. But if May is so determined to do this, she'll do it.

"Okay, okay. I found the spell on how to do it. Tell Destiny what you want her to inform Diana." May thinks about it for a bit before opening her mouth to speak.

"Destiny, tell Diana that we'll be there. Tell her to don't get into trouble or get anyone killed. We'll be there soon." Destiny nods her head and Shelia mutters the spell under her breath. She clasps her hands together and Destiny is gone.

"Ma!" Nell shouts from upstairs. Shelia and May stand from sitting on the ground. They go upstairs and all of her children are staring at the News on the television. "Their on the news." She adds and there was a photo of the Dagger family. Xavier, Alexander and Antonia. No one knows that Antonia is dead yet.

Lastly was a photo of Diana, her senior year photo. She's smiling bright and healthy. May can't help but look away. Now she's covered in blood, open wounds and dirty. The large gash on top of her forehead that blinded her eye. May can't help but see the vulnerable side of Diana and it made her furious. She wants to save her.

"Missing King and Queen. Mansion filled with dead bodies of guards, maids and house-workers. No one knows where they are or if they're still alive." The news reporter says, standing in front of the mansion. Then it changes to Diana's parents and her baby sister crying in her mother's arms.

"She's out there somewhere and we need to find her. The world is full of madness and hungry savages. She was chosen to make the world at peace but now she is in danger. Diana if you're watching this please come home safely." Her father says to the camera, tears running down his face before it goes to commercial.

Shelia looks away from the television and picks up May. She holds her and grabs the car keys on the kitchen table. Her children watch her race towards the front door.

"Mom please be careful." Nell shouts as they stand all together watching their mother leave. She doesn't want to go because there can be a chance that she won't make it out alive.

"I will. I love you all. Please stay inside tonight and tell your father that I love him."

"Don't mom." Her other daughter cries not wanting her to go. Nell holds onto her and tears swell in her eyes.