Blood Sacrifice: 17. Lost And Found

I try to get up but Xavier presses his hand on my chest and pushes me back down on the bed. I look up at him in shock and he shakes his head. 

"You are not getting out of bed." 

"Did you just hear Alexander! May is missing." Alexander walks towards us while guards stand behind him. They all watch us in silent and the little fight I'm battling with Xavier at the moment. I'm trying to get off of the bed but he is pushing me back down.

"She couldn't have went that far, we'll find her." 

"Xavier." I cry and he pulls his hands away from my shoulders. "Let me go find her."

"Xavier's right you need to rest Diana. There is no way you are walking out the doors like you just weren't dying." I purse my lips into a thin line so I don't try to argue.

"I won't let you out."

"Then please go find her." I whimper fearing that vampires will find her and kill her. It's too dangerous for her to be on her own. Alexander nods his head before turning and heading out of the bedroom, informing the guards that some need to go find May and others need to watch me.

"You really care about her." Xavier whispers to me while sitting on the edge of the bed. "I'll go find her too if you want." He adds and I look into his sad blue eyes. He's trying to put up a wall to cover his weakness of being sad but from everything that is happening, it's breaking down. 

"I just can't stand the thought of a young girl dying her age. I think about when I made my mom get into that accident and lose her daughter-" Xavier presses his index finger against my lips so I stop. I pout at the thought of the accident and close my eyes. Xavier leans his forehead against mine and sighs. 

"Sh I know, I understand." I take a shaky deep breath and I exhale loudly. "Just know that your new sibling is safe and sound with your parents."

"I know, I know." I open my eyes to be greeted with his. He was staring at me the whole time and smiles when I realize. He slowly presses his lips against mine and I savor the touch. I kiss back until it breaks apart when he moves away from me. 

"I'll bring her back." Xavier promises while standing up. I giggle, sitting up from laying down on the bed. 

"You sound like a soldier going into battle and never returning to his loved one." Xavier thinks about it and shrugs.

"If you think about it, I am going out on a mission during a war between vampires and humans." I stifle a laugh while rolling my eyes. "But I am going to return back to you, I promise." I nod my head while he walks to the door. 

"I love you dearly, Diana." He turns to look at me one last time and I smile.

I mouth 'I love you too' before he vanishes and leaves me alone.  

Xavier's POV:

"Where is hell can this witch be?" One of the guards say behind me. Night has fallen and we have been looking for her for the past two hours. My guess was she'd be hiding somewhere in town but she's nowhere to be seen. No one has seen her all day either. 

"I swear if she put on an invisible spell on her I'm going to lose my temper." I mutter while running my fingers through my hair and pulling the locks that have fallen on my forehead behind. 

"You've already lost your temper." Alexander says, approaching me from behind. I chuckle meanwhile tossing pebbles into a puddle that was created on the sidewalk. Pedestrians watch us nervously but mostly towards the guards. Most of them are confused at what we are doing because we barely leave the mansion.