Blood Sacrifice: 34. The Emblem Holding Lives

I see Xavier's chest moving up and down slowly. He's still alive but barely. Walsh walks over his body and comes closer to me. Alexander shouts for me to run. When I turn, there was Edwin by the doors, a smirk along his lips.

Alexander can't help me because he's fighting his own sister. Ethel is crawling away for safety, a trail of blood following her body. Xavier is on the ground, staring into nothing but death. I am so helpless.

Walsh runs to me with inhumane speed and grips my hair. He tugs down and my nerves erupt in pain. I clasp my hand over his that's tangled in my hair. I grit my teeth once his fangs pierce my skin. Before I lose my life as well, I lift my leg up.

I stomp down onto the bracelet and the emblem shatters. Smoke escapes and Walsh pulls away from me. In front of me, Juliet vanishes into dust. Alexander isn't on top of her body anymore, his hands hit the cold ground. He looks around stunned that her figure disappeared. I turn and Walsh stares at me in despair. His face starts to crack and then he breaks down into dust as well. I clench my neck, blood running down my collar bone.

Suddenly May, Shelia and Jesse come out from an invisibility spell. Shelia goes after Edwin who is soon in defeat. May runs to Xavier's side. Jesse grabs Edwin after a couple of tries and holds him down. The emblem is what held them together before death. It's what resurrected everybody from the dead.

I jog to Xavier's body, falling onto my knees. May looks up at me and widens her eyes.

"Diana, your neck. Let me heal you." She insisted however, I shook my head.

"May you have to save Xavier. Please save him." My voice croaked and Alexander left me alone. He went after Shelia, Jesse and Edwin. "May! Do something!" My cries grow hoarse and I bring Xavier's body onto my legs. I push his hair onto the side and I stare at his closed eyes and parted lips. I kiss his forehead, tears falling on him.

"I don't know any." May says with sadness in her voice. I cradle Xavier's body in my arms and I grit my teeth.

"Please no, please help him. Heal his wound, heal his heart-"

"I can't," May cries as well and I can't stop shaking. He's dead. Xavier is actually gone. I didn't get to hold him during his last breath. I wasn't able to kiss his lips or make sure he was dying peacefully. This isn't what was suppose to happen. I am not suppose to live the rest of my life without him.

I turn to Shelia who is shouting in latin, cracking every bone within Edwin. Alexander stood beside her, enjoying the torment Edwin is going through. From the corner of my eye, I see Ethel, cowering in the corner.

I place Xavier's body on the ground and I stand. I walk towards her and when she sees me, she tries to stop me with her magic. Something hits me but it isn't hard, she's weak.

"Who's the weak one now." I start, kneeling down besides her. She's clenching on her handless arm, blood covering her blouse. Her eyes are sunk in and her hair is stuck on her forehead from the sweat.

"I'm dying anyways." She says, licking her chapped lips and staring at Edwin being tortured. I bring my hand to her hair and grip a handful in a fist.

"And I will take pleasure in ending it." I whisper in her ear before sucking in a breath. I lift her head up by her hair and slam it back down onto the ground. I keep slamming her head until her skull cracks open. Skin splits in half and blood sprays on my face. All I see was red and anger and I wanted to kill everybody in sight.

I scream, punching and hitting her head numerous of times until the room grows quiet. Her body goes limp in my hold and her face already grew swollen from the pressure of the ground. I stand and there is Shelia waiting for me to approach them.

May stood by Xavier's body still, holding his hand. I brush my hair aside, ignoring how wet my hands are with blood. I'm ending this now.

Jesse still help Edwin who was trying to escape from his grip. I walk past Shelia and stand in front of Edwin. We are face to face and he has a grim look on his face.

"No wonder you lost your throne. You don't know who to treat a kingdom." He laughs, the echo booming in the rotunda.

"I did enough damage." He replies back and I can't help but think of Xavier.

"I, Queen Diana Dagger give Shelia permission to end your life. Edwin, you are accountable for many deaths, now it's your time for execution." Jesse drags him to the middle of the rotunda and Shelia follows to bring him death.

I can't help hear anymore screams so I open the doors, escaping from reality. Once I reach the front doors I inhale fresh air.

I walk down the steps and once I hit the gravel, I fall on my knees. I dig my nails into the dirt, clenching onto pebbles. I'm surrounding by trees and nothing but wilderness. Bile forms in my throat and it hurts to hold back tears.

I let out a long bawl and can't help but lose control. I bring my knees up to my chest and curl into a ball. For some reason, I can't think of Xavier being gone. There must be a reversed spell. The way Xavier hesitated at times in the rotunda. During these battles, he fights with all his might but once Walsh came, he took it in. I stare out into nothing and I grow afraid of the future.

"I'm sorry." I turn to the voice, my breath hitched in my throat. There stood Xavier, his weak body stomping down the concrete stairs. "I'm sorry for scaring you."

I blink numerous of times, slowly rising from sitting and standing there nervously.

"It's not you." I deny, thinking a witch is still alive. It's not him, he can be like a demon like Juliet or Dylan.

"Diana, it's me, Xavier. I'm okay, I promise you." He begs, raising his arms up to show no harm. I see the hole in his shirt where he was struck with the stake. His eyes are still the blue I adore as well. I jump into his arms, squeezing him tightly.

"This is impossible. May said she couldn't bring you back to life." I cry, looking up to him. He kisses my forehead, rubbing his hand along my back.

"She put a spell on me before hand. She used the magic she took from Shelia and Ethel. We needed my death to look real so we were able to get everybody together. We needed you to don't stay focused on me or me on you. We needed separation."

"Separation! Xavier you are fucking crazy."

"Crazy? Had to see the way you bashed Ethel's head in. I already told that bitch what was coming to her. Told her you were going to kill her." I shake my head, trying to not imagine that in my head at the moment.

"I'm tired Xavier. I'm going to faint." I change the subject, my body aching in every way.

"The guards and officers are coming soon. They know we are here."

"I'm sorry," I add and he furrows his eyebrows.

"For what?"

"Your mom a-and seeing Juliet and your dad again." Xavier runs his fingers through my nappy hair and pulls me to his chest.

"Sh, it's okay. I'll- we'll survive it. Me, you, Alexander and May." I smile at him including May. She's family now.

~~~~~

Crazyyyy chapter! I literally don't remember why I didn't finished the novel back in 2017-18. I was literally in the end.

Possibly one or two chapters left.

vote

comment

follow me :)