Blood Sacrifice: 9. Destiny

I roll onto my side and when I flutter my eyes open, Xavier is staring at me. A smile slowly forms on my lips. Everything about him is so beautiful. The blue eyes, the dark long hair, his muscular body. 

Even when he's mad or frustrated, there's something about him that doesn't make me scared. I opened my heart to him and he was absorbed in it. I soaked him in my own life and now it's ours. We are so attached and in love, it's young love. But it will last forever and we know it. 

Nothing can break us apart even if it's a big threat to both of us. 

Xavier grins, running his thumb along my cheek. It's so soft and soothing but even the slightest touch he makes my heart race. I never knew I would fall for a vampire but I did. And it's Xavier Dagger. 

"How did you sleep?" I ask him and he looks away, rolling onto his back and staring up at the ceiling. 

"Didn't sleep at all." He mumbles and I slide closer to him, placing my head on his chest while he runs his fingers over my hair. I close my eyes at the smooth feeling he's giving me. 

"Don't think about it Xavier. Don't let it get to you. Everything will be okay." He let's out a deep breath, pausing at massaging my head. 

"We said the same thing and people died Diana. Innocent humans at the hospital, my father, Juliet... Madison." Xavier personally didn't know Madison but knew she was my only close best friend. And I lost her from Mr. Walsh. 

"I know but we aren't oblivious now. We aren't going to be dumb about this. We know what's coming and we won't hesitate to stop it." He sighs. 

"I hope." He adds before kissing my head. He slides away from under me and leaves me alone on the bed. Xavier stretches when he gets up and goes to the bathroom. I sit up on the bed and I press my back on the headboard. I turn my head to the couch and May is still sleeping. 

Her thumb is in her mouth and the sheets are tangled around her legs. The shirt is so big on her but I can't help but smile at the view. But then I suddenly frown at the thought that she's alone. Her parents are dead and she has no one now. The only normal person here is me and I will do whatever it takes to keep her safe. 

Suddenly my cell phone starts to ring on the nightstand. I quickly grab it to silent it so it doesn't wake up May. I see that it's mom and I sigh. I click the answer button, pressing the phone on my ear. 

"Hello?" I start while Xavier comes back out of the bathroom. He is in a pair of pajamas pants and a white undershirt. Man he's so hot. 

"Hey Diana." Mom shouts happy... maybe because she hasn't heard of me for a while. Well... things have changed over these months. Xavier slowly goes at the end of the bed, teasing me by tickling the bottom of my feet. I mouth at him to stop with a smile on my face because I'm holding in a laugh. At least he's not in a bad mood anymore. 

"Hey mom, what's up?" I reply back and she sighs. Xavier slowly creeps up to me, running his fingertips at my bare legs. 

"Nothing I just miss you." 

"Aw, I miss you too." 

"When are you going to come and visit?" She quickly asks and Xavier softly pecks my lips. So soft and slow that no one can hear. He brings his lips on the other side of my cheek and kisses it. 

"Um-uh..." I try to say but Xavier's kissing and touching is distracting me. He always does this and I can't talk. "Well I don't want to come because you know the baby and stuff." Mom gave birth recently. I saw the baby once, her name is Quinn. 

"No I want to see you, honey." Xavier kisses my neck and with my other hand I grip his arm. Just because I feel his lips sucking my skin. 

"Yeah... yeah mom I'll come later in the afternoon." Xavier chuckles after pulling away from me and I quickly hang up. 

"So I guess we are going to see your parents and the baby?" I roll my eyes with a smile on my lips. 

"You're a dick." I say jokingly and I push him off of me. 

"That's what you get for teasing me yesterday."

"Whatever." I roll off the bed and I make my way to the bathroom. I wash up and when I get out Xavier isn't in the bedroom. When I change in the closet I hear movements. I see that May woke up. 

She flutters her large eyes and slowly sits up. I walk up to her, running my hand down her hair. She stares at me until she pulls her thumb out of her mouth. 

"Destiny told me you were bound to fall in love with that vampire." Her soft spoken voice says and I frown.

"That vampire's name is Xavier and at first we hated each other but after we fell head over heels for each other." May furrows her eyebrows in confusion and I chuckle. "We fell in love." I try to make it easier for her little head to understand what I'm saying. May turns her head to stare at nothing besides her.

"Destiny says your name is Diana Wilson."

"Well, Destiny is correct." I forgot that I didn't introduce myself to her.

"She tells me that you almost died in a pool?" Her voice was stern and trailed off at the end of her sentence. I open my mouth, unable to say anything. Suddenly I feel a sharp pain on my stomach at I run my fingers over it. The water and the drowning...

"Who is Destiny?" I skip her question and now my heart is racing.

"She's my friend."

"Really? I don't see her here." I gaze my eyes around the empty bedroom.

"Because she's dead." My throat closes.

"Um... how old is Destiny?"

"Ten." May giggles a little while staring up at me.

"How did she die?" It was hard for me to ask but May didn't seem sad about the question at all. She turns her head back to the empty spot besides her where I suppose Destiny is suppose to be.

"Vampires found out that she was a witch and killed her." May responds to me and I suddenly grow sick. I stand up from sitting down and I clench onto my stomach. They killed a ten year old just because she was a witch.

May breaks the silence with a shrieking laugh and runs off the couch.

"You are it, Destiny!" May screams and runs into the closet, the ghost girl probably chasing after her.

~~~~~~~

I'm back! Sorry for the late update.

I know it's short but it's this or no update.

vote

comment

follow me :)