Blood Sacrifice: 16. Taking Over

I quickly walk backwards to hold onto May because she's terrified. Xavier's fangs are long and sharp and I don't want them touching her.

"Diana get away from her." He growls and I see his eyes shine with anger. He's really angry.

"No." I try to be strong, keeping my head held high. Xavier takes a step closer and I gasp while gripping May's upper arm and tugging her back. 

"Diana!" He screams. "Move!" Suddenly Alexander rushes in front of me while balancing on his toes. He seems as if he's ready to fight Xavier if he pounces. 

"Xavier, the girl didn't do anything wrong."

"I'm going to fucking die because of her." He tries to move around Alexander but Alex stops him by stepping in front of him. Xavier stares down at May and I turn to her, kneeling down to her height. 

"May I need you to run out of here." I whisper and tears run down her eyes in fright.

"B-but where do I go?" 

"Hide somewhere in the mansion and I'll find you, I promise." I look over my shoulder to see Xavier and his eyes are dilated, his dark blue eyes rare to see from the blackness.  

"D, I'm scared."

"Go!" I shout and she races to the bedroom door. Xavier snarls, his fangs glistening in the light and turning to where May is going. I race right behind her and Alexander pounces on Xavier before he can make it to May. May screams while trying to open the door and when she does she races out without even shutting it. 

Alexander tries to keep Xavier away by pinning him down but for some reason Xavier is stronger. He punches Alexander in the face and Alexander's head flies back from the force. He isn't trying to viciously fight but Xavier is all into doing that right now. He'll do anything to get to May. 

My head is pounding with pain, my hands shaking in fright. Before I can know it, Xavier twists Alexander's arm around in a gruesome way. To keep him further away from May I rush to the door and I shut it, about to twist the lock but someone grabs me from behind. 

I know it's Xavier from his hard grip and his firm arms wrapped about my body. I shriek in pain when he grabs my lower face and pulls it back, revealing my bare neck. He doesn't hesitate in savagely sinking his fangs into my flesh, piercing it to the point where large amounts of blood is running down my chest. 

I scream in agony while my moans are smothered by his hand that's covering my mouth. Alexander shouts from behind but it's deafening because I start to lose my senses. From saving his life hours before I get this in return. 

My knees buckle and I fall into him from the loss of blood. He pulls his teeth out of my neck because Alexander tugs him off of me. Before I collapse onto the floor Alex catches me and slowly places me down. I look up at him while gasping for air and even though his fangs are in place and his eyes are darker than they usually are, he still looks like an angel who always sacrifices his life for others. 

It's so weird in thinking that monsters -vampires- can be so beautiful even in their own monstrous side. My body quivers and I groan in pain when he places his fingers against my bloody wound. My lack of breathing feels like when I almost died, the water, the drowning, the knife plunged into my back.

I close my eyes but quickly open them when Alexander lifts my upper body off the ground. He slowly turns my head to the side and tears weakly run down my cheeks. I see Xavier heaving behind me, my blood seeping on the collar of his shirt. He is staring at me like a monster but when I feel Alexander's warm tongue touch my wound, his fangs retract back in his gums and his eyes become the beautiful crystal blue I know.