Blood Sacrifice: 32. The Hunger

I waited, anticipated. Nervous that when Jesse and I escape Xavier and Alexander will be dead already. My body was sore but with enough adrenaline it felt like nothing. Jesse held onto the rope that was tied on me.

I sat across from the door waiting for someone to open it while Jesse stood behind it. We didn't have a plan but we were gonna wing it. Our goal was to get everyone out alive. We were fighting against time because I don't know how long it was going to take till Edwin kills Xavier and Alexander. May and Shelia were on their way too and I don't know how long that was going to take either.

"No one is going to come and check on us Jesse." I mutter quietly while staring at the door. "Every minute that goes by is getting wasted." He stares at me without responding and I walk up to the door. I bring my leg up and I kick the door. Jesse tenses every time I kick it to gain attention from someone outside.

"Stop it!" Someone screams from the other side of the closed door. I move back and the door starts to jingle. My throat tightens and once the door opens, Jesse doesn't hesitate to move away from behind the door. There stood a witch and before he can use his magic on us, Jesse wraps the rope around his neck. He snaps his neck to the side and sinks his teeth into his throat. Jesse feeds off the limp body to regain his strength before pulling away. Blood seeped down his chin until he runs his sleeve across his face.

I stood there, staring at the opened door. Jesse tosses the corpse onto the ground and turns to me.

"Let's get the hell out of here." His voice is laced with anger and hope. Something we all have. We dip out of the room and into the empty hallway. Empty... My heart hammered against my chest and my legs ran but it felt like I wasn't moving. Every time we turned the corner I was afraid of coming across something I didn't want to see.

However, something did stop me and Jesse calling me didn't affect anything. Every muscle in my body fainted and I grew startled at the scream that echoed across the entire mansion.

Xavier's POV:

I wasn't afraid or sad. I was angry. I was furious. I was fucking pissed. Every bit of nerve in my body was piling into one big ball. It was getting ready to explode but something was holding it back. I was violent and mean before I met Diana. However, watching my mother die, my lover chained, my brother injured made me angry towards the entire world.

I am violent and no one knows how violent I can be.

Alexander and I stood in front of my powerful grandfather but we don't know exactly how powerful. He has leverage to weaken us and little minions to help him. That doesn't make him powerful. If he was all on his own, that would make him powerful.

Alexander is tugged towards Edwin roughly. Dylan kicks the back of his knees so he falls onto the ground. Edwin marches towards Alexander with a sinister look on his face.

"I'm not even going to blab about death to you. You deserve it out of everybody. Killing your father... pathetic." He grips a fistful of Alexander's hair and makes him look at him. I stare at my surroundings. Dylan behind Alexander. Edwin right in front of him. Ethel across from me on the other side of the room. A guard breathing down my neck behind me. Juliet and Walsh standing besides the throne. No one else.

I think.

Alexander, do something please.

I know Alexander more than anybody. He is the respectful man everybody knows him by but, he can be vicious just like me. He can sabotage anything or anybody that gets in his way. Just like any vampire, he will hunt until he kills his enemies.

"Alexander I'll promise you, it'll be quick." Edwin says to him before letting go of his hair. Alexander looks down before turning his head slightly to me. His eyes glisten darkly and I know exactly what's going to happen. Although we're in a bit of trouble, this trouble is a parade for us. We'll chant through it with the ability to fight back and become winners. Something we truly enjoy.

Edwin slowly pulls a blade out from his back pocket and gradually brings it closer to Alexander's neck. I tense wondering that I'm wrong and my brother won't fight back.

Suddenly, Alexander leans back and stands, headbutting with Dylan and bringing his leg up at the same time. He tips the blade out of Edwin's hand with his foot and catches it with his chained hands. Ethel comes into play and uses her magic to push Edwin out of danger. Alexander throws the blade across the room, flying towards me.

As the same creature as my brother, his movement was so fast that I didn't move away from the sharp blade coming right to me. It skims my cheek, slicing the thin flesh into two and hitting the guard right into his windpipe. A low gasp escapes my lips.

Alexander spins around and wraps the chain around Dylan's throat. He turns, tightening the chain that's over his shoulder. Dylan is gasping for air, digging his nails into the chain that's peeling his flesh in half. Alexander stares at Edwin and growls.

A penetrating scream escapes my brother's mouth. His fangs expand from his gums and his eyes darken with hatred. I can't help but smirk, turning and ripping the blade out of the guards torn throat. Alexander tugs and Dylan's head goes spiraling into the air, departing his body.

Before his head hits the ground it vanishes into ash just like his body. Poof just like that another enemy is gone. Walsh grabs Edwin and they vanish from the room. I stare at Ethel and her eyes widen in fear. I run my tongue across the blade that's cover in the guard's blood.

She races towards the double doors, opening them and running down the hallway. Now this is the beginning of the end.

"Xavier, get her. I'll take care of Juliet." I stare into Juliet's crimson eyes with hesitation. No, she's gone. It's not her. I nod my head, using every bit of strength I have to sense Ethel. She can't hide from me. Not from the King.

Before I turn into another hall, I'm pushed against the wall with a bodiless force. May appears in front of me randomly using a cloaking spell.

"May," I say with relief in my voice. She stares at me before magically unlocking the chains cuffed on my wrists.

"I need you for something." Her staggered voice whispers to me and I nod. I'll do anything to end this.

~~~~~~

It's been so long and it hurts me.

My senior year was the best year of my entire life. I lived life to the fullest. Something I wasn't able to do for a while. I met so many new people and went out almost every night. Forgive me.

Now I've started my first year of college. Yippie.

Vote

Comment

Follow me :)