Blood Sacrifice: 4. Get Away From Me

Jump and swing.

I spike the ball right in the center of the other sides spot. The players couldn't get the ball and when I land on my feet, a smile forms on my lips.

The game ends, I won the last point.

All of us cheer while we get in a group and hug each other.

"The first place winners of the beach volleyball tournament is Volley Gods." The speaker says and we all start to cheer. The second place got their silver metals then we got our gold metals. I kiss the metal and I lift it up in the sky, trying to show that I did this for King Jean and Juliet.

We all walk back to our stuff and Ale and his friends start to walk up to us.

"Good job girls, ready to have some fun?" He asks and we all start to cheer. I look at Ale and he smirks at me and I quickly look away, getting an odd vibe. "We started to collect sticks and grass to make the bonfire." He adds and I fold the blanket that was over the sand. After, I stuff it in my backpack and I put on my shirt.

They all started to laugh and talk while I grab my phone and I slowly walk away. I go to Xavier's name and I call him, placing my phone against my ear. It starts to ring once until it was abruptly picked up.

"Hey Diana?"

"Yeah, hi Xavier."

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" He sounded worried and I giggle, watching the sun slowly go down. More people started to leave the beach and it was getting quieter.

"No everything is fine. We got first place."

"Fantastic! We'll celebrate when you come home."

"Well, I'm probably coming home late." I let out a sigh.

"Why?"

"My friends and I are going to a bonfire here."

"Oh well it's getting dark out, Diana. I want you to be careful and are there going to be vampires?" I cannot lie.

"Yeah, a group of them."

"I can't stop you, baby. Do whatever you want to do but please keep your eyes and ears open."

"Xavier I will be fine."

"Just stay away from my kind, okay?"

"As far as possible."

"And call me if something happens."

"Yes, Xavier." I say, pretending to have an annoyed voice. I hear him sigh through the line and I know he's going to be upset and worried.

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too." I whisper until I hang up on him. I stare down at my phone and a smile creeps on my lips. I wish he was here because I do feel somewhat unprotected. But I can't be the party pooper and get nervous and tell my friends that we need to go. It's unfair to them.

"Is everything okay?" I jump from the voice behind me and I turn around. It's Ale with a long smirk on his face. He's in his swim trunks and in a regular t-shirt. His hair is pulled back and tangled from the dried saltwater. His figure is dark because the sun is gone. It's getting dark.

"Ugh, yeah I was just talking to my boyfriend."

"The one and only Xavier Dagger. Isn't it smart that you should have protection every time you are by yourself?" I stiffen at his words and I bite my bottom lip. My hands start to awkwardly play with my phone that's in my hands. He bursts out laughing and I take a step back. "I'm just joking. Come' on we just lit the fire." He slowly walks away and I follow behind him.