Blood Sacrifice: 33. The Return

Diana's POV:

It was a battle against all creatures all over again. The scream we heard wasn't Xavier's I know that. Alexander's. Is he dead? Was that the scream of agony escaping his parted lips for the last time?

Jesse grabs my arm and tugs me to move again when I stopped running. Once I got moving again my body was sore and my muscles ached. Let alone to say I was tired and I wanted all of it to end.

We find a staircase and I try to go down them as fast as possible. Jesse was okay and his body replenished but he waited for me. I jumped off the final one and I get tackled by a body. A guard pins me down by the wrists but Jesse wraps his arm over his neck. He pulls the guard onto him and a knife slides out of his belt. 

"Diana!" Jesse shouts my name as I grew hesitant for the knife. "Get the hell out of here!" He adds, the guard trying to escape for his grip. I gulp, picking myself up and snatching the knife before making a run for it. I cut through the hall, in hopes I don't come in contact with anybody. There's voices, there's screams and groans. I feel myself running in an angle from all the fatigue within me. My eyes blur and when I open a door to a random room someone stops me. 

I yelped until I realize it's Xavier. Xavier, holy shit. Someone I was dying to find. He stares at me stunned before pulling me into a hug. I'm helded in his aroma, my body sinking into his. I tear up when he pulls me away and runs his hands across my cheeks. 

"You're okay," He signs, licking his lips before kissing mine. I hold him hard, tears spilling from my eyes. 

"Is Alexander-"

"He's okay but we need to go back to him. May needs all of us together." He insists and I nod, making him drag me to the rotunda. We didn't fall behind to come in contact with any witches or guards. The castle is a ghost. In the halls we passed old family portraits, one of Antonia.

Xavier pushes the large doors open and there is Juliet and Alexander fighting. Prying at flesh and hair. Attacking each other without a hesitation or breath. I reach at the knife poking at my flesh that's tucked in my pants. I didn't know where else to put it aside from holding it out in public for an enemy to see.

 Xavier nudges me back, about to join the fight however, he is thrown across the rotunda without a push. The doors slam closed behind us and I'm blown off my feet. My body slides across the granite ground, my clothing collecting strangers blood. From the corner of my eye, Juliet is on top of Alexander. In front of me is Ethel, her arm reaching out in the air then bringing it back to her chest.

My throat clenches and I try to gasp for air. Xavier shouts my name from afar but all I feel is my body forcing itself towards Ethel. I'm held down on my knees, unable to move an inch.

"I'm going to kill you." Ethel spits, staring down at me. 

"No shot," I choke back, the air escaping my parted lips. Something is thrown across the room and hits the wall, distracting us both. Ethel brings her arm down from fright and Xavier shouts. 

"Diana, the bracelet!" He screams before tackling Juliet to the ground. Ethel snaps her attention to me and I see the emblem shining off the metal chain. I pull the knife out and bring it down on her foot. Ethel screams in agony, collapsing onto her side. 

Without thinking, I retract the knife out of her foot with all my strength. I pin her hand down on the ground and I bring down the knife on her forearm. Blood spurs from her artery and veins. She howls in pain, trying to kick away.  

I slice flesh and bone, cutting her hand off her arm. The bracelet slips off the torn body part and drowns in blood. Ethel turns, trying to grab it with her other hand, sweat dripping off her face. I grab it first and Xavier looks up to me. 

Alexander has Juliet pinned to the ground, his hand shoved into her chest. She gasps for her, turning her head to me and looking at me. Black blood oozes off her chest and seeps onto her shirt. I hold the bracelet up in the air, confused at what it can be holding within the emblem. 

Xavier smiles and I can't help but chuckle. This can be almost over. 

Suddenly, a wooden stake is struck through his chest. I grow small, my body cowering in fright. Alexander turns and shouts his name. Juliet pulls his hand out of her chest and grabs him by the throat. I cover my mouth in shock, unable to say anything. The bracelet falls from my grip and hits the ground. 

Xavier stares at me, his eyes so blue in the silent room. He gasps for air, his body collapsing when the stake is pried out of his body. He falls onto the ground and there stood the devil himself. 

Walsh. 

~~~~

Holy shit I know it's been years. However, I'm finishing this novel either tonight or tomorrow. 

xoxo my loves, stay safe in this dangerous world. 

vote

comment 

follow me :)