Blood Sacrifice: 22. The Pure

I slam the door shut and I lean back in my seat. May buckles her seat belt and leans towards the passenger seat in which I was sitting on. Jesse was talking to Alexander outside of the car but I couldn't catch what they were saying. 

May's fragile fingers touch my bare arm and I flinch at her cold skin. I turn my head to see what she's doing and a smile runs across her lips. 

"You've been touched by a pure witch." Her high-pitched voice exclaims and I see the redness of Shelia's grip on my pale skin. 

"What does that mean?" I ask dumbfounded because I'm not an expert with witches and magic. There's so many secrets hidden in witch covens that it's impossible to find out about everything at once. 

"Nothing." She leans back in her seat and chills run down my spine. The small hairs on the back of my neck rise and I shake off the goosebumps. I fully turn my body to look at her and she shrugs. "I do white magic, momma told me I was too young to do black magic like her and the others."

"Black magic was used to awaken the old vampire King, right?"

"Yes."

"I don't understand, why awaken him?" She stares at me without an answer for my question and I sigh. I'm talking to a child for crying out loud. She can't know ever question I ask. "If I bring someone who knows white magic, will she be able to train you?" 

"She won't want to come near us. She doesn't want to die." 

"You know who I'm talking about?" 

"Yes, Shelia. I sensed her presence on you when I touched you." This is so bizarre. Witches are weird yet so powerful. They're powerful than vampires but they're somehow lower on the chain. "Destiny tells me that she won't help you. Shelia has kept her magic hidden for years and she's scared to lose it or lose her own life." 

The driver's door opens and Jesse slides into the seat. Alexander walks away into the other car where Xavier is also in. Jesse starts the engine and drives back to the mansion. When we arrive Xavier meets me at the driveway and we walk in together. I peer my eyes to his hands that are clenching a large old leather book. 

"What's that?" I point at the book and Xavier still looks straight ahead. 

"A Grimoire. May can probably do some spells." 

"Where did you find it?"

"In the tunnels where the covens were living in." 

"Were there other witches?" He turns his head and looks into my eyes. Xavier silently shakes his head and I frown. We shower and get ready for bed but before I go, I help May get ready for bed. I tuck her in blankets and she giggles when I try to tickle her. Before I walk away from her to go to the bed where Xavier is waiting for me she calls my name. 

"Diana?" I turn to her small body that's covered with blankets from her shoulders down to her feet.

"Yes May."

"Are you scared?" She whispers when I bend down to be at the height of her body. I don't answer quickly however I turn to Xavier. He's reading through the Grimoire and he's paying no attention to us. Although I know he can hear us. 

"No I'm not." 

"You're lying." I furrow my eyebrows at her reply and she raises her arm out from under the blankets. She grazes the tips of her fingers across my cheek then presses her palm there. I cup it over mine and I grow fuzzy inside from the heat that's radiating from her hand to my cheek. Soon she pulls away and giggles at my comfort around her. 

"What did you do?" I ask her softly with a smile laced on my lips.

"I calmed down your fear." I stiff a laugh and I lean down and kiss her forehead. I feel like she just said it to make me feel better. 

"Goodnight May." I whisper before getting up and walking to the bed. I slide under the covers and Xavier closes the Grimoire. He places it on the nightstand that's besides him and he turns to me. 

"She really did." He states and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Did what?"

"Calm your fear. Your heart was racing but now it's normal. It's beating softly." I try to listen or feel my heart beating and I don't feel it thumping hard against my ribs. "Also I just read that spell in the Grimoire. Her magic is white it heals the pure." 

"I'm not pure." I laugh and he turns off the lamp besides him and the room goes dark. We both slide down in laying position and he grabs me and pulls me against him. He kisses my shoulder and inhales my scent. 

"It's not what you see about yourself, it's what the witch sees in you. May sees you as a pure human. She's attached you." I have so many questions to be answered but I stay silent, staring ahead towards May who is sleeping deeply on the couch. 

~~~~

Throughout the morning I felt bad about Antonia. She was silently reading the newspaper in the dining room with a cup of coffee besides her. I bite the inside of my cheek before entering the room and approaching her. I know she hears me from behind but doesn't turn around.

"Good morning." I start, pulling the chair that's besides her out and sitting on it. I place my own coffee mug on the table and I watch her. She still stares down at the newspaper, reading a long article with deep sorrow eyes. "I saw Juliet." I add and Antonia brings her eyes to mine. 

Her lips part and she let's out a deep breath. Her eyes are glassy because they're filled with tears. I run my fingers along the craved wooden table and I bite the inside of my cheek. She needs to know what's going on. 

"Where?" Her raspy voice chokes out and I look up to her.

"Yesterday at the school. She attacked me."

"Oh my god, my baby." She cries, tears escaping her eyes and running down her cheeks. She brings her hand up to her mouth and holds in a sob.

"She's not one of the good guys, Antonia. She must be a clone or-or brought back from the dead, we don't know. All I know is that she must be a part of your father's scheme." 

"Not her God please not her." I sigh, bringing my hand to hers and trying to sooth her. She stares at me in disbelief but soon clears her throat. "I'm sorry about yesterday. It wasn't my place to yell and blame you and Xavier."

"You don't have to apologize to me. I shouldn't have snapped either. We'll get through this together. We're going to train May and fight the people who are siding with your father." 

"Is Juliet really here?"

"I'm not going to lie to you but yes she is. They're doing it to manipulate your brains to think it's actually her. It's not so Antonia I really need you stop being vulnerable and wake up. We're in a war between family. You need to be strong." I squeeze her hand that's in my palm and she nods her head aggressively.  

"Yes, I will. I will Diana. Thank you." I smile to assure her that everything is going to be okay. We both stand from sitting and she engulfs me into a hug. I hold her tight resting my head on her shoulder. At the doorway of the dining room Xavier is standing there with grin.

~~~~~~

I know it's a boring chapter! The action crazy chapters are coming soon. Just enjoy this for now.

Vote

Comment

Follow me :)