Blood Sacrifice: 24. Way Down They Go

Xavier and I go down the stairs and into the training room where May is eating a snack and Alexander is reading a book.

"What is this? Recess?" Xavier starts, walking up to Alexander. May looks up to us and gasps happily, getting up from sitting on the ground and hugging my leg. I bend down and I hug her small body.

"I missed you." She squeaks and I smile looking at her cute little face. I run my thumb over the corner of her lips brushing the crumbs off of her face.

I stand up and I hear Xavier whispering in Alexander's ear. He must be telling him that we need to bring May to Sheila soon. They have to be linked so we can end Edwin. 

"Diana, Diana!" May tugs on my hand and I snap out of watching the brothers talk. I look down at her and she starts to giggle. "I learned a lot of spells! More than I did with momma or daddy!" I caress the top of her hair, smiling. 

"Oh really!" 

"Yeah I can fight him! We can fight him!" I feel a bit pity for using a young witch to fight off Edwin but we need her. She's our only hope on putting him to his death. Also, I'm glad that Sheila agreed on helping us. Her powers linked with May's will help us so much. 

"Just know that I'll be by your side through all of this. I won't leave you." 

"I know Diana. That's why I love you."

"I love you too." I turn my head to Alexander and Xavier. "Hey how about we go get ice cream upstairs?"

"B-but I already had today."

"So what? No one is going to stop you from having more." She turns towards the stairs and runs up them to reach the kitchen. I told her to wait up for me before giving a quick kiss on Xavier's lips. 

"Where are you going?" 

"To get ice cream with May." He nods his head and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Okay we'll meet up with you guys." I jog to the stairs and I bump into May who tried to scare me. I joked with her and did a playful scream although I didn't get scared at all. I picked her up and carried her towards the kitchen. I kick the door open but we're surrounded in darkness which is bizarre. The lights are always on in the large kitchen because there's either the chefs cooking or I'm in it munching on something. 

I place May on the ground and I walk towards the wall. I try to find the light switch and when I do I flick it up. I turn to be only surrounded by bodies and blood. May's eyes widen before running to me and burying her face into my leg. 

"Oh my god." I mutter under my breath seeing organs ripped out of chefs and maids bodies and tossed onto the ground. I slowly walk closer to the bodies and I hear something in the back corner. I keep May close to me, my body trembling in fright. I stop when I see someone on the floor slouching over a dead body. It was burying it's teeth deep into the bodies neck. Blood was spurting everywhere. My stomach heaves and I gasp when the person turns it's head to me in alarm. 

I cover my mouth with my hand and when I take steps back I slip on a puddle of blood, falling onto the ground. Dylan stands from feeding, his body covered in blood. His eyes aren't what they used to be. They're blood red like Juliet's and hungry for more. 

"Exactly who I wanted to see." He growls and May scream besides me. I slip a couple of times trying to get up and blood smears all over my hands. His sharp teeth are at view when he smiles. I get up and I grab May by the arm tugging her close to me. 

"Diana duck!" Someone screams from behind but I don't turn to see who it is. I duck and echos of a gun firing multiple of times ring in my ears. May covers hers as I smother her in my chest. Dylan gets hit from the bullets, his body jolting back while black blood oozes over his bloody clothing.