Ch. 9: Friends Again

<~Austin's POV:

I woke up in the morning...in Ally's bed...with her. What? I leap out of bed, shocked. No no no no...I can't sleep with Ally, I didn't sleep with Ally! We aren't dating, we are barely friends.

With all my thumping around Ally woke up.

"Austin," she yawned, "Are you okay?" She asks.

"Y-yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I ask awkwardly.

"Because your like spazzing out..." She answered.

I blushed, "Well it's just...we slept together. Don't you find that weird at all?" I ask.

She sighs, "Yeah, but I didn't want you to sleep on that hard, uncomfortable couch of mine." She explained.

That's really nice of her, "Haha...thanks." I say beginning to calm down.

I sat down on the side of the bed. Ally was texting someone on her phone. I didn't bother asking who it is.

Suddenly she set her phone down and got out of bed.

"Where are you going?" I ask as she walks towards the door.

"I need to feed Annie." She replied, putting on her robe.

I got up and followed her into Annie's nursery.

"Do you want me to go fill up her bottle?" I ask. I was willing to help.

Ally shook her head as she picked up Annie.

"No thanks, I always breast feed her in the morning." She explains.

I nod, understanding. She pulled down her shirt and brought Annie to her chest.

"Do you want me to go?" I ask awkwardly pointing to the door.

She looked up at me, "No you don't have to. I don't care." She said, turning her attention back down to Annie. She seemed really hungry.

I stood there awkwardly. I didn't really have anything to do. I mean it would be different if Ally and I were dating.

It was quiet between us until Ally's phone rang.

"Austin, can you get that?" Ally asked, not wanting to put Annie down. She was busy eating.

I nodded and went to answer her phone.

Without checking the caller ID I answered.

"Hello? This is Austin." I say casually.

"Austin Moon?" The person asks. I have no idea who they are.

"Yes." I reply.

"What are you doing with Ally Dawson's phone?"

"Well she's feeding Annie so she asked me to answer it. Now who is this?" I ask the question I've been wanting to ask since this conversation began but they talk a lot.

"Oh this is Cody." He finally said.

"Cody? Oh Ally's boyfriend?" I ask for clarification.

"No. Ally broke up with me. Didn't she tell you?" Cody asked.

"No." I say. Good thing they broke up or Cody would be really mad if he found out about Ally and I.

"Oh well she did and I just want to talk to her. Can you put her on the phone?" He asked.

"No, she's feeding Annie." I remind him.

"Can't you do it for a minute?" He asks.

"Ah no...she's breast feeding her. I can't do that." I say.

"So your watching my ex girlfriend breast feed Annie! Dude not cool!" He says anger raising in his voice.

"Umm may I remind you that she is my ex girlfriend too and she's feeding my daughter." I remind him cockily.

"Well then I'm coming over. I want Ally back. You don't deserve her, you left her!" Cody shouted into the phone.

"Well so did you!" I snap back.

"Actually she broke up with me!" Cody snorts.

I laugh, "Then she made a good decision."

"Austin-" Cody began his sentence loudly but I pushed end. I was sick of talking to this idiot.

I walked back into the nursery to find that Ally had finished feeding Annie.

"Who was that?" She asked. Rocking her rocking chair back and forth, Annie was asleep in her arms.

"Cody." I say angrily.

Her face turned worried.

"Cody...what did he say?" She asked.

"He said he wants you back." I say scratching the back of my neck.

A tear rolls down her cheek, "Well I don't want to see him." She says sternly. She wiped the tear away.

"Whats wrong? Did he do something to you?" I ask, clenching my fist below my waist.

"Well no...but I don't like him. I really don't like him." She said.

"He's coming over." I blurt out.

"WHAT! No! Please don't let him!" Ally shrieks, holding Annie closer to her.

"Don't worry Ally, I'll take care of him." I say.

She smiles, "Thanks Austin."

I shrug, "That's what friends are for." I say stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"So we're friends now?" She asks. A smiling appearing across her lips.

I nodded, "Yeah Ally, we're friends." I say smiling.

Ally smiles even bigger. She gets out of her chair, holding Annie.

"I'm glad that we're at least friends again." She says.

"Me two." I agree.

I hear the doorbell ring. That must be Cody... I glance at Ally who no longer has a smile on her face.

"I'll be back." I say before I go down stairs to answer the door.

I open the door and Cody just glared at me, "Not you again." He muttered.

I chuckle, "Why are you here Cody?" I ask annoyed.

"I need to talk to Ally." He says tapping his right foot.

"No. She doesn't want to talk to you." I say sternly, "Now please leave."

I begin to close the door but he pushes it back open, "I'm not leaving until I've talked to Ally!"

"Well you won't be talking to her today so goodbye." I say anger rising in my voice.

"Please." He begs holding the door open.

"I said no!" I shouted. There is no way I'm letting him see Ally if she doesn't wanna see him.

~~~~~~

<~Ally's POV:

I sat nervously with Annie. I could hear some of the shouts coming from downstairs. Maybe I should talk to Cody...just to make him go away.

I go downstairs and see Cody and Austin fighting.

I walk up behind Austin, "Guys please stop." I say.

"Ally, I need to talk to you!" Cody said pushing past Austin to get closer to me.

"I don't want to talk to you." I tell Cody face to face.

"Please. It won't take long." Cody pleaded.

I shook my head, "Cody I'm not changing my mind."

He sighs, "Fine why do I even try! I never wanna see you again! Your just one more stupid, fat, ugly, slut!" He shouts as he storms out the door. Austin follows him. I don't know what's going to happen. But I heard shouts.

Tears are now burning in my eyes. His harsh words hit me like a bullet. I fall to my knees in tears, dropping Annie.

She begins crying too, but I don't know what to do. I'm a horrible mother! I'm a horrible everything! I don't deserve to live.

Cody is right, I'm a stupid, fat, ugly slut.

~~~~~~

<~Austin's POV:

After punching Cody a few times and making sure he learned his lesson I hurried back to Ally's house.

I walked in the door. All I heard were cries from both Ally and Annie, oh no. Why did I go after Cody, I should have stayed here.

Ally was sitting on the floor in tears, Annie was lying in the floor right beside her screaming her head off.

I ran to them and picked Annie up in my arms. She had a bruise on her head, had Ally dropped her?

I wrapped my arm that wasn't holding the baby around Ally.

"Shhh, Ally please stop crying. Annie needs us. Everything Cody said, he's wrong. You are beautiful and perfect." I say pulling her close.

Ally's cries slowly turned into little sobs. My shirt was wet from her tears.

But Annie, no matter what I tried would not stop crying. She wanted her mommy.

"Ally, please stop crying." I say.

She sniffs, "I can't! You heard Cody! I'm a fat, ugly, stupid slut!" She cried.

"No Ally, you aren't any of those things. You are a perfect, beautiful girl. Your an amazing friend and an amazing mom and right now Annie needs you. She wants her amazing mommy." I say.

Ally starts to cry again, "Im a horrible mom! I dropped her! I'm the reason she's crying! I hurt her!"

"Ally your an amazing mom. Cody is an idiot. Don't listen to him." I say hoping she would believe me.

She sniffed, "Austin I dropped her, I don't ever want to hold her again. I don't want to hurt her again!"

"Ally, please...she's needs her mom." I really wish Ally would stop crying I hate seeing her like this.

Ally took a deep breath and took Annie out of my arms. She cradles her head just right and slowly Annie calmed down until she was asleep.

I smiled at Ally and she actually smiled back, "See Ally, your a great mom."

Ally's smile faded as she looked at the bruise Annie had on her head from being dropped.

"Austin, look. She has a horrible bruise because of me." Ally said sadly.

"Ally, she's okay. You didn't try to drop her." I said rubbing her back.

"But I still feel so horrible." She sniffed.

~~~~~~~~~

<~Ally's POV:

I felt so horrible. Annie had a huge bruise on her head because of me. What kind of a mother drops their baby?

A bad mom...that's who.

I held Annie close to my chest, "I'm so sorry." I whisper in her ear.

I felt Austin's arms wrap around me. He scooped me up and carried me to the couch. I held Annie as close as I could. Austin held me close to him as I sat in his lap. We were like the perfect family...but Austin and I are only friends. And that's probably all we'll ever be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Yay an update! What did you think of this chapter? Please comment and vote for another chapter!

~Emma(: