Ch. 38: Nightmares

<~Ally's POV:
It was late now. Austin was still here, snuggled in the uncomfortable hospital bed with me. As much as I like is company. He needs to go home, to be with Annie.

I nudge him gently, "Austin." I whisper.

He was already half asleep. Austin yawns and wraps his arm around me, "Yeah?" He replies sleepily.

"You should really get home." I sigh, kissing his cheek.

"What. Don't be crazy, Ally. I'm not leaving you." Austin protests. He was more awake now.

"What about Annie. You need to be there for her." I remind him.

"Trish is there. And if I leave, who's going to watch over you." Austin says.

"You and I both know that Annie needs you more than I do." I say with a small giggle.

"Ally, I'm not leaving you." Austin says stubbornly.

"Please...it's Annie's birthday. Tell Trish to come here." I beg him. I don't want our little girl missing us.

Austin rolls his eyes, "I don't know...I can't really live without you."

"Go have some father daughter time." I giggle. I struggle as I try and shove him off the bed.

"Ha! You can't even get me off the bed." Austin teases.

I frown at him and give him a pouty face, "Austin, I don't want Annie to be alone, she's-" I stop when a sharp pain runs through my stomach, causing me to shriek.

"Ally! Are you okay!" Austin asks worriedly.

He looks me up and down. Looking for something wrong.

"M-my stomach. I-it really hurts!" I groan out in pain.

"I'm gonna go get the doctor." Austin assures me. Slowly he leaves my side to get a doctor.

Another course of sharp pains rolls through and I'm left crying in severe pain.

Finally Austin comes back with a doctor following behind him.

I cry out in pain again. What is going on!

The doctor examines me carefully. I wonder what he's finding out.

"Your wound is just very sore. If you move wrong, it triggers sharp pains in your stomach." The doctor informs me. "Try to sit still." He recommends.

I nod and Austin helps me adjust into a comfortable position.

"There's no way I'm leaving you now." Austin whispers in my ear.

"Please." I mutter quietly. I was so tired I was beginning to loose my voice, "You know it's the right thing to do."

"Ally, you know I love Annie, but I need to stay here with you." Austin says. Since when was he so stubborn.

I sighed, finally giving up. But I wasn't going to admit that.

Austin's phone started ringing. He frowned and said, "I'll be right back." He then walked out of the room.

I wonder who it is. Probably Trish telling him to get his butt home!

A few minutes later he comes back in the room.

"So I guess Trish is coming to the hospital to see you, I have to go home." Austin complains.

"Oh so you'll listen to Trish, but not me!" I laugh.

"Well she's scary." Austin mumbled.

"And I'm not!"

"Oh your scariest of all." He winks at me.

He leans over and kisses my lips. We kissed for a few minutes. It was just a soft, gentle, perfect kiss. We pull away and he shuffles around in his pocket for his car keys.

"Trish will be here soon." He assures me. He tries to hug me again, but I stop him.

"Just go. Don't worry about me." I say and smile at him.

He sighs before slowly leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
<~Austin's POV:
I made it home. Trish was relieved, because as soon as I arrived Annie finally began to settle down.

"See there's daddy." I heard Trish say as I walked in the door.

Annie saw me and scampered over to me on her wobbly, little legs. She ran straight into my arms.

"Hey sweetheart!" I exclaimed and kissed her cheek as I lifted her up.

Trish was already ready to leave. With her shoes and a sweater on.

"Well, I'm gonna get going." Trish said, placing her hand on the doorknob.

I sighed, wishing I could be with Ally, "Okay."

With that. She left. Now it was just Annie and I.

I sat down on the couch with Annie in my lap. I could tell she was tired. It has been a long day. I'm tired too. A few minute later Annie had fallen asleep on my lap and I was out not long after that.

~~~~~~~~~~
<~Trish's POV:
I opened Ally's door. She was asleep. I smiled because she looked a lot better then she did a while ago.

I tiptoed in and sat my purse down next to the chair I sat in. I wonder what time it is. I dug through my purse for my phone.

11:48 PM.

Wow it's late. I'm tired to. I yawned and tried getting comfortable in my chair, it wasn't working. I closed my eyes tightly to escape all the bright lights.

Then Ally started rolling around everywhere in the bed, screaming. She wasn't just screaming, she was screaming bloody murder.

I shook her awake, "Ally! Wake up, it's only a nightmare!"

She woke up, she was terrified.

"She's gonna kill me! And Annie and Austin!" Ally cried.

I rubbed her back, "Ally what are you talking about?"

"S-she's going to kill me and everything I care for." Ally mumbles. I could see she was shaking violently.

"Ally what's wrong?" I asked her.

"Where's Austin!" Ally whined. She was still shaking.

"He's fine. He's at your house with Annie." I tried to explain to her.

"No! She killed him! I saw her!" Ally screamed as tears began streaming down her face.

"Ally! Snap out of it! Everything is fine!" I tell her.

She rests her head back on the pillow. I could tell she was still scared. What am I supposed to do?

"I need to go home! Please take me home!" Ally cried out.

I sighed, "Sorry Ally, but I don't think you can go home yet."

"Actually she can." The doctor said as he walked into the room.

I could see Ally perking up.

"Okay, then I'll take her home." I offered with a smile.

"Alright. I'll meet you at the front desk to sign her out." The doctor told me.

~~~~~~~
<~Ally's POV:
I waited patiently as Trish filled out some paperwork in order for me to go home. I hope she's almost done. I'm so sick of the hospital.

"I'm done! We can leave now Ally." Trish says appearing in front of me.

"Finally!" I exclaim.

We left the hospital and drove back home. I can hardly wait to see Austin and Annie! I miss them so much.

I walked in the front door. Surprisingly it was quiet. I was expecting it to be loud. However it is late. Austin and Annie probably went to bed.

I walked in the living room and smiled when I saw Austin asleep on the couch. Annie was on his lap, sound asleep. It was the cutest thing ever.

I sat down beside Austin and snuggled up against him, joining their sleep. I yawned and fell asleep, surrounded by the ones I love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Awwww! Cute chapter! Lol. So what do you think?? Who's excited for the sequel!

-Emma