Ch. 14: Just Like Magic

<~Ally's POV:

I starred up at him and he just starred right back with cold, terrifying eyes. I was frozen. He cleared his throat, about to speak but I dashed out of the store. I just wanted to be away from that boy. The car was locked so I decided to run home, without stopping. There's no way Cody will find me now, hopefully.

I ran into my home, slamming the door shut and bolting up to my bedroom. Leaving Austin confused and worried in the living room.

A few moments later he came to knock on my door.

"Ally, are you alright?" He asks.

I held my knees to my chest, rocking back and forth nervously. I didn't answer him. I left him confused.

"Can you unlock the door?" He asked, knocking again.

"No! He might get me!" I blurt out. My shouts turn into tears.

Austin got more worried and slammed his fists up against the door.

"Ally, open up! I promise your safe here." He assures me.

I reply with little sobs that he can hear through the door. He was getting angry now.

"I'll break down this door!" He warned, slamming it harder.

I sniffed finally and got up to let him in. He walked in and wrapped his arms tightly around me, afraid to release me. I like this side of him.

"Baby, don't cry." He murmured. Wiping tears away from my skin. He hugged me again and sat down on the bed, pulling me down onto his lap.

I snuffled and wiped my eyes with my hands. He always had a way of making me feel better. He began rocking me like a baby.

And then I remembered, where is my baby!

"Austin, where is my little baby?" I ask him. My eyes were red and puffy from crying. He still doesn't know why. I will tell him, just not right now because right now before I become the baby I want to see my real baby.

He sighs and picks me up in his arms like I was his new wife. Carefully, he carried me down the stairs and into the living room where Annie was peacefully asleep in her playpen.

"She's alright." He smiled at me.

I sighed, "Good. So how was your first time alone with her?" I ask. I wanted to keep the subject on his day instead of my own. My day was a total disaster. I hope that I forget it.

"It was great, all she did was sleep. She cried once but she's easily pleased." Austin replied.

"Well that's good." I chuckled. I kinda wanted to tell Austin now. He can help. But it might also make things worse.

He sighed, "Ally. . . Earlier. You rushed in crying, what happened?" He asks.

"I saw Cody." I mumble, "He tried to talk to me but I ran away! I don't even know where Trish is...she is probably still with him because she told me she liked him." I explained quite quick.

"You saw Cody?" He asked, wanting repetition.

I nodded, "I-I don't like him. I'm afraid he's going to hurt me. . . or Annie . . . or you." I sigh.

He pulls me into his chest and hugs me tightly. Just being with him made me feel better, but this makes me feel 100% safe inside. I really do trust Austin, he really does care for Annie and I.

"A-Austin? What if Cody comes back. What if-" he stops me there.

"He's not going to come back because if he does I'm gonna beat the hell out of him. No one hurts my family." Austin said and kissed my forehead. I giggled. It was so sweet of him to be so protective over me.