questions & stories.

-Scarlett's POV-

The walk from school to Tyde's house was shorter than expected. He opened his front door and let me walk in before him. The house was huge, Tyde shut the door behind him and walked over to me. "Welcome to my home." He said. I stood their stiffly, not saying a word. "My room is upstairs. Follow me." I followed him up into his room. His bed was in the middle of the room and there were pictures on the wall over the bed. A table was next to the bed, sitting on top of it was a lamp and a few pictures.
"You can go ahead and take a seat if you'd like. I'm just going to get a snack." Tyde let me know. I nodded and sat down on the bed then set my backpack on the floor. There was a baby picture on the table. I picked it up, "He looks the same." I thought. I put the picture back and looked around the room. It was colourful and strange to me at the same time. I heard little footsteps come into the room, I assumed it was Tyde but it was a little dog. "Jaga, there you are!" Tyde called. The dog turned around and Tyde walked into the room. He was holding a bag of crisps and two sodas. Tyde sat next to me and handed me a can of soda, "Thought you'd like a drink."
"Thank you, Tyde."
"Jaga up here." The little dog ran over to us and jumped on the bed. "This is my dog, Jaga."
I've only seen a dog a few times in my life. I reached out to pet it, and it licked my hand. I laughed a little because it tickled. The dog then jumped on my lap and I began to scratch behind it's ears. "She likes you." Tyde said.
"I guess so. She's very cute." I said with a smile.
"You don't smile often do you?"
"Why do you think that?" I put Jaga aside and hid my smile.
"Because this its the first time I've ever seen you smile."
"You just met me." I protested.
"True, but I know people that smile all the time. Why don't you?"
I shrugged, "Not sure I haven't been able to smile lately." I lied.
It's true that I haven't been able to smile lately, but the not sure part was the lie. Ever since that night everything in me just sort of, went away. Every emotion and feeling a person could have, I didn't. Like I was some type of robot.
"So I know where you're from, but that's about it." Tyde brought up.
"You're very curious aren't you." I crooked an eyebrow at him.
He smirked, "I'd just like to know more about you."
Oh great, I'm guessing he's read The Fault In Our Stars as well because he's turning into Augustus Waters. Except he doesn't have cancer.. that I know of.
"There's nothing that you need to know honestly. No amazing or heartbreaking story. I'm just... ordinary." I took a swig of my soda.
"I don't think you're ordinary." He said silently, which made me mentally roll my eyes, "And everyone's got a story."
He's got a point, everyone does. My story is that I killed my parents and landed myself in juvie at age ten. I just escaped at fifteen and now I'm here. I couldn't tell him that. I basically had to create a new life for myself, the less people that know about the old one. The better.
"Well since everyone's got one. Tell me yours." I sat back and waited for him to speak up.
"I was born and raised here in Perth, Australia. Life is good honestly, I have a big family of seven. Growing up I was really into Harry Potter, my brother, Troye even pranked me when I was younger. He created a fake Hogwarts letter and had it mailed to my house." He laughed for a second. "When we were little we would make home movies, and now I just make five minute videos of me talking and post them on to a website called YouTube."
"YouTube?" I asked, I wasn't sure what it was.
"The video website." I stayed quiet, "You've never heard of YouTube?!"
"My parents kept me very sheltered as a child."
"That sucks. I'm very lucky and great full or YouTube. I've met so many amazing people because of it. Your turn."
"My turn?"
"You asked me to tell you my story. Now you tell yours."
I didn't know what to tell him. What can I tell him is the question. "I told you Tyde, there's nothing special about me." I picked up my backpack, "Can we get started on the project. Please?"
Tyde agreed and we started to plan out what we were going to do.

***

It was around 4 and Tyde drove me home from his house, it actually surprised me that he knew how to drive. "I'll see you at school tomorrow?" He asked.
I was almost out of the car, "Where else can I go?" I said. It only made him smile, I shut the door behind me and walked up the front steps.