the judge.

-Jade's POV-

It's been weeks since Tyde visited me. Neither him or Laurelle came to visit me again after those two encounters. Good. I didn't want to hurt them even more.
Today was the day the judge was seeing me to over look my case. Hopefully everything will go well.
I was escorted out to the courtroom in handcuffs. Emily sat down next to me. A few announcements were said and the judge called me up to the stand. "Remember what I told you." Emily said before I walked up there. They uncuffed me right before I sat down. Emily was asking me the questions. She walked up to me. "Jade Peterson correct? You were only ten when you committed your first crime?"
"Yes." I said.
"The people you killed were your parents, correct?"
"Yes sir."
"Care to explain the whole story?"
I nodded, "It was one usual night in February for my family and I back home. My parents were arguing, as always, and I was up in my room."
"Your parents fought a lot, yes?"
"All the time. Sometimes they would miss some of my important events because of an argument."
"Continue."
"I was up in my room when my mum knocked on my door. She told me that my father was trying to kill us and that I had to kill him before he did."
"How do you know this?"
"I heard him say it one time when my mum threatened for divorce. As a ten year old, I obeyed and went downstairs to do the job. Right when I did so I regretted it instantly. I got mad at my mum and dropped the gun on the floor. Then that's when it fired and hit her."
"So you shot once?"
"Correct."
After a few more questions and arguing that went on, there was finally a break in the courtroom. "You did good out there."
"I sure hope so."

***

Emily and I sat back down in the courtroom. I began to tense up as the judge looked at me from the stand. "Jury, have you come up with the verdict?" She asked the group of people.
Emily grabbed my hand and the both of us looked at the jury.
"Your honour, we find the defendant..."
Everything went mute right when the jury announced the verdict. Tears came rushing down my face and I cried into Emily's shoulder. She hugged me tightly and rubbed my back. This is it, it's all over. Everything.