out and about.

-Scarlett's POV-

"What colour is the suit you're wearing to the dance?" I asked Tyde over the phone. I was standing in front of my closet.
I was still wearing my uniform because I just got out of school.
"Um, I don't really know. Why?"
"Because I wanted to wear the same colour you were wearing."
"It's in one week Scarlett." Tyde laughed.
"Its know, but I want to get everything early before it's too late." I looked through my closet and sighed.
"How about a light blue?" He finally replied.
"Light blue? Okay, light blue it is."
"Great, I love you."
I smiled, "Bye Tyde." And hung up the phone. There was a knock on my door, "Come in!" I called.
Mason walked into my room, "Hello."
"Hey, what's up?"
"Nothing really. So are you and Tyde okay now?"
I turned around and faced him, "Yeah why?" I walked over to my bed and sat down.
"The phone call, and the other night."
"What other night?"
"TYDE! AAA! OH MY GOD! TY-TYDE!" He yelled.
"Shut up!" I hit him with one of my pillows.
"You guys shut up! I was trying so hard not to be uncomfortable." I laughed, "Are you two going to the dance together on Friday?"
I nodded, "Yeah I need to find a dress."
"Let me take you."
"What? Dress shopping, no."
"Come on, let's go." I sighed and gave in.

***

Mason and I both walked into a thrift shop around the corner from home. "A thrift shop?" I asked.
"Yea. It's cheap and you can find some great stuff. Go ahead and look around."
I walked to the back of the store where I noticed a lot of dresses were hung. I scanned through each of them. Finally I found a dress, I went into the dressing room to go try it on and looked in the mirror.
The dress was a baby blue colour with a sweet heart neckline that was long. It had and a silver, glittery touch that went around my waist. Almost like a belt, and a slit was cut in the front to show my right leg. I loved it, this was the dress the perfect dress for the dance.
After putting my clothes back on I walked over to Mason and showed him the dress I had decided on.
The both of us went out to lunch after shopping. We were at this café right next door. Mason and I had gotten coffee along with two muffins, chocolate and blueberry.
"Its been fun these past few months having you stay with us." He said as he poured sugar into his cup.
"Yeah it really has."
"You know, growing up I was an only child. I've always wanted a little brother or sister to keep me company or to look after. Then you came along."
"Same here. I was an only child, it wasn't I got put in foster care where I actually began to connect to other kids. They were all older or younger than me though. I couldn't connect with them, not the way I connected with you."
"It's like you're a part of the family."
I nodded, "It sure feels like it."
Mason and I continued to talk over coffee. We talked about relationship advice, space, and the universe in general.
Back in juvie I didn't really have anyone to talk to about this. The conversation were mostly about how mean the guards were, getting out, and how we got there. Even though it was a part of me, I didn't want to talk about it. Why did I need a reminder of what I did to land myself there. It was ridiculous.

-Tanyas POV-

Julia and I made it to the hospital we found out Brandon was staying in later that day. It was around six in the afternoon. The two of us walked into his hospital room, "Hey nerd." I said to him, with a smirk on my face.
Brandon sat up, his eyes widened through his thick, brown glasses. "What are you two doing here?"
"Shut up." Julia said.
"Julia..." I hissed, "We came for answers."
"About what? Homework? I haven't been in school..."
"Not homework you idiot. For a nerd, you sure are dumb."
"What is it then?"
"We think you can help us figure out who Scarlett Jacobs really is." I pulled up the mug shot picture on my phone and showed it to Brandon. He grew tense, "Why are you showing me these?" He asked handing me back my phone.
"Because it all starts here. Do you know anything about Jade Peterson?"