guns for hands.

Tøp fans where you at?

-Scarlett's POV-

"Turn here!" I said to Tyde as we pulled up to the street Brandon lives on. There was a blue Toyota Corolla parked in the front of the house.
Me: I'm right outside. When your dad goes to the front door, sneak out the back door.
I unbuckled my seat belt and so did Tyde.
"What are you doing?" I asked him.
"I'm going with you."
"No you're not. Stay here."
"Scarlett..."
"Tyde, stay!" I ran over to the house and knocked on the door. It opened quickly.
"May I help you?" Brandons father asked standing in front of me. He had a beer in one hand, his hair was brown and fading to gray.
"Yes could you help me, I'm a bit lost."
"Where do you need to go?"
"I um...I need to take a bus to Sydney."
"Sydney. Why so far away?"
"Just thought there's more to offer there than here."
"Bus stop. Okay, I think there's a station about two blocks from here..." his dad stepped outside and began pointing and explaining where I needed to go. I looked over his shoulder and saw Brandon walking with a backpack in his hand. He made eye contact with me and kept walking. He wasn't paying attention and walked into a table holding a vase that broke when it fell on the floor.
Brandons dad turned around, "What the hell?"
"Dad!" Brandon yelled.
"The fuck are you doing here faggot? I told you not to come back here!" He yelled.
"I know, and I'm sorry but..."
"Sir, sir, you need to calm down. He's..." I was saying.
"Shut the fuck up bitch!" He reached into his pocket and pulled out a gun. He pointed it towards Brandon.
"BRANDON RUN!"
"RUN AND I SHOOT!"
The three of us just stood there not knowing what to do. So I did the only thing I knew how to do. I kicked his father so he fell on the ground, I kicked him in the ribs and took the gun from his hand and pointed it at him.
"Stay on the fucking ground! Don't get up! You get up, I shoot!" I said, "Brandon go.."
I got pushed off my feet and the gun was soon taken out of my hand. I hit my head on the floor when I fell and everything went blurry. Every voice and noise was unaudible. The only thing I heard was a loud bang and felt something collapse to the ground.

***

"Scarlett...Scarlett..." Someone was shaking me. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Tyde over me. He was on his knees, "What...what happened?"
"Oh...you're okay."
"Yeah I'm fine, where's Brandon? Is he okay." Tyde stayed silent, "Tyde. Is Brandon okay?"
"He was shot in the shoulder. I called the ambulance, they're on their way."
"WHAT?" I stood up and ran over to Brandons body. I got on my knees and held his head in my lap.
"Brandon? Brandon wake up." I whispered to him as a shook him.
His eyes were slowly opening and then closing. "Scar...Scar..." He was trying to say my name.
"Sh..sh, it okay. It's okay. You're fine. You're going to be fine."

***

After the ambulance came for Brandon, Tyde took me home. We didn't leave Brandon alone though. His sister actually flew in from Sydney this morning and I contacted her so she could be with her brother.
I was sitting outside on the porch swing Brandon and I shared the night he suck into my house. A little knock came from the door next to me. I looked up and saw Tyde standing there with a mug, "Mind if I join you?" I shook my head and he took a seat next to me. "I brought you some hot chocolate. Thought it'd get your mind off of things." I took the mug from his hand and drank a bit of the cocoa.
I didn't feel like talking, and Tyde knew that. Just everything that happened today. Thinking about everything that would've happened and could've happened just seemed to take over my mind in some way.
"I know you don't feel like talking right now. But what happened could've gone worse. You could've been shot, or even killed." I looked up at him, "I didn't want you going alone because I needed to protect you. I needed to be there for you Scar..."
"Is it true you and Tanya went out?" I blurted.
Tyde looked at me confused, "What?"
"You heard what I said." I whispered.
He sighed, "Yes Tanya and I went out for two months last year."
"She said that you were really sweet to her up until you guys...hooked up. She said the day after you broke up with her."
"What?"
"Is that going to happen to us?"
"Scarlett..."
"Are you just going to leave me because I'm not good enough?" I asked, my breath was getting shorter.
"No. No baby, no of course not." Tyde brought me into a hug and I burried my face into his chest. He kissed the top of my head, "Why do you think that?"
"Because I'm used to people leaving me. Everything I touch seems to go to shit, like I have guns or bombs for hands."
"Hey, that's not going to happen. Okay?" He looked into my eyes, "Remember what I told you?" I nodded.
"So, what really happened between the both of you?"
"Nothing really. She was really controlling and clingy. She even wanted to have sex with me but I told her I wouldn't."
"So she lied to me?"
"You can't trust everyone."
"But I can trust you."