Science! Sans X Reader

•~~My Nerd~~•
There is only one word to describe Sans: Nerdy. He could be working on important work and I would watch, fascinated, asking questions. This is one of those times.
"Sans-y?" I asked, spinning in a rolling chair.
"Yes, (Y/n)?" He replied.
"How many taste buds are on the human tongue?" I asked, looking at him when I faced him.
"10,000. Why do you ask?" He asked pushing up his glasses.
"Just curious." I said.
"(Y/n)?"
"Hm?"
"Why do you like hanging with me?"
I stopped spinning in the chair and faced him.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Why do you like hanging with me?"
"Well for one your dorky, and I think it's cute. You geek out over the smallest things and I have fun conversations with you. You're just a cute nerd." I hummed.
I saw his cheekbones burn a bright blue.
"I maybe nerdy but only periodically." He grinned.
"Ooooh, I get it! Because of the periodic table!" I laughed, I'm slow on science jokes.
"Hey, never trust an atom, they make up everything!" He stopped working and was giving me puns.
I began to laugh and eventually snorted. I covered my face and snickered.
"That snort was CuTe." He smiled.
"W-where are these jokes coming from?!" I asked between giggles.
"Well you forgot to mention my puns, so I thought I should remind you." He said with his everlasting smile.
"Dork." I retaliated.
He laughed and stood up. He began to stretch which popped his bones. He walked over to me and picked me up.
"S-sans?!"
He didn't reply, he simply continued to walk. We made it to his room and he placed me on the bed. He took off his lab coat and placed it on a chair. He laid down next to me and cuddled with me. I giggled and removed his glasses. He looked down at me and saw me but on his glasses. The world became blurry and deformed.
"W-whoa, hah, how do you see in these?" I asked with a laugh.
"They are prescription glasses, Doll." He smiled.
I took them off and placed them on his head. He placed the glasses back on his face. I smiled at the cute skeleton above me. We really haven't cuddled in a while, now that I think about it. He's always been busy with work. He would never tell me what that work is...is it someone else? Did I do something wrong?
"What's wrong?" He asked, hugging me closer.
"Nothing, I was just thinking." I said, fiddling with the neckline of his shirt.
"It must have been pretty serious if it wiped that beautiful smile off your face." He said.
I knew he was expecting me to look at him, but I couldn't and I didn't know why. I placed my head on his rib cage and snuggled closer to him.
"It's just, what are you doing with work?" I asked.
"Hm? It's nothing you should worry about. It's too complicated." He replied.
"Oh, I see." I said tearing up, but refusing to let the tears fall.
"Hey hey, (Y/n) look at me." He said.
I shut my eyes and shook my head. I pushed away from him and out of his grasp. I rolled over so that my back was facing him. I covered my face and brought my knees up to my chest.
"(Y/n)?! What's wrong?" He asked.
"I-it's nothing." I managed to get out.
"(Y/n). Look. At. Me." He commanded.
I knew I wouldn't be about to fight him so I turned to him and removed my hands. The instant I looked at him the tears started flowing.
"What's wrong, babe?" He asked wiping away my tears with his thumb.
"It's just me being selfish and overthinking thinks." I forced a smile through a sob.
"You can tell me."
"You've just been gone for work more and more recently that I just..." A sob broke through the middle of my sentence.
"No no no, I would never. Come here." He said bringing me into his arms.
I gripped his shirt and hugged him.
"I'm sorry." I said.
"Why are you sorry?"
"I thought you would cheat on me, I should know better then that." I sniffed.
"Heh, it's okay, anybody would have thought that. It's my fault for leaving you recently. Just don't forget that I love you, (Y/n)." Sans smiled.
"Fine. I love you too." I smiled.
"I'll always be your dork."
"My dork... I like to sound of that..."
-------------------------------
Geez, I can't write stories why I have the feels. I'll write something a little more upbeat next time.