Flowerfell! Sans X Reader

I was thrown onto the floor of a dark room, the only light coming from the door that my brother opened. The endless beatings and brutality that he's shown me ever since he found me was excruciatingly painful. I gave up on fighting back at one point..I couldn't remember when. I sat up limply, slouching against the wall. I started tugging weakly at the loose spiked collar around my neck.
"Stay here where you belong you fucking useless piece of trash." Papyrus growled before leaving the room, slamming the door.
There was only darkness, that's all I've ever known. There was no such thing as happiness or a place where I belong. I lost the only thing that I cared for.
"Sans.."
That voice..why is it familiar? I shouldn't know another voice other than the harsh growl of my brother's...but this voice is soft and forgiving.
"Sans..!"
It's calling more urgently now..what's wrong? Did something happen? I feel my body shake, they must be pushing me.
"Sans!"
The voice shouted and my eyes flew open. I was slouching against a tree instead of a cold wall. I looked to the beautiful face that I've longed to see. (Y/n)...but that's impossible. Her body was fully invaded by the damned dandelions that took her away from me, but here she is..her beautiful (h/c) hair framing her face. Her eyes shining in the light like they always do. I felt a warmth incase my cheekbone and her concerned face came into view.
"Sans..why are you crying..?" (Y/n) asked softly.
I hadn't even noticed that I was crying but my vision was getting a bit blurred. Her thumb stroked by cheekbone and I held her hand. I turned my face, kissing it. I missed everything about her. It's been years since I saw her..heard her..I looked at her and she had a confused expression but she still smiled at me. Before she could speak again, I pulled her into a hug and she let out a surprised yelp. Her scent engulfed my senses and I immediately felt relaxed. My sweetheart was back.
"Sans! What's with you today?" She asked but she hugged back gently.
"Nothing..I guess it was a nightmare." I murmured as I moved away from her and gripped at my scarf.
"Well, I won't ask you what it was so..perk up! We're going to find a new place to stay!" She proclaimed as she tugged me up into a standing position.
I smiled as I looked at her. She started to walk along with a smile. It was just like her, she would walk ahead with a bright smile like nothing was wrong with the world, like there was no danger. That's when I noticed that there were no dandelions covering her body. I smiled involuntarily, seeing that she wasn't in pain. I started to follow her.
"Do you even know where we're going sweetheart?" I asked as I managed to catch up to her.
"Nope! But it'll be a safe place for the both of us to stay! Where no one can find us." She chimed happily, looking at me cheerfully.
If only that were true. There wasn't a place in Snowdin that no one had found already, but her optimism is still strong. Her attitude was surprisingly gentle. Anyone would have been snapping under the pressure and killed any monster in their path. She was different, she was happy and cheerful to any monster she crossed, even when she died over and over when I couldn't protect her.
"Sans! Your slaking!" Her voice called out, breaking me out of my trance.
I laughed and focused my attention to her before my smile immediately dropped. It was dark again..where did she go? No, she couldn't be gone..she was just here! There was no way she left me alone so quickly!
"(Y/n)!" I called out, not hearing a reply.
I continued to call out her name desperately with again, no reply. I ran through the darkness before a golden petal crossed my path. It floated with the soft breeze and I slowed to a stop, watching it. I followed it, hoping it would lead me to her. Ahead, there was light pouring down from overhead. I recognized this place. A golden flower patch, the first and last place I met (Y/n). I went over and I felt my soul shatter more than it was when I saw her laying there, the flowers covering her eyes and body. I ran over and I picked her up swiftly, but carefully as to not hurt her.
"(Y/n)!" I called and she turned her head.
She was looking in my direction but she can't physically see me from the flowers attached to her eyes.
"Sans.." She mumbled, her hand finding its way to my cheekbone.
Her warmth was slinking away. I felt my soul clench and tears started to fall down my face and I grit my teeth.
"Sans..it hurts..I can't reset anymore.." She whimpered.
"N-No..no sweetheart you can't leave me please." I pleaded as I hugged her closer to me.
"Sans.." She whispered out as her hand slipped off my cheekbones and weakly grabbing my sweater.
I looked at her and the petals of the flowers were already wilting. The wind started to pick up and the petals were drifting away with the breeze. Her grip was getting weaker.
"Sans..I'll come back someday..maybe not like this..but I will come back.." She said softly as the petals were wilting faster now.
"Sweetheart..I promised to protect you and I-" She placed a hand against my teeth, stopping me.
"Hey...you know you weren't able to protect me from this.." She said gently.
My tears fell onto her cheeks and I let out a groan, hugging her closer. She can't leave me again. I'll be alone. I can't be alone again..! I don't know what to do without her...please..stay with me doll...
I felt her hand touch my back, trying to hug me back the best she could. This made me look at her, forgetting my dark thoughts.
"Sans..tell me the joke...you told me when you met me.." She said with a small, weak laugh.
She was nearly gone now, the petals floating away with the breeze. Why is she trying to make me feel better when she is in pain?! We need to worry about her! Not about me! Why is she so fucking selfless?!
"Sans.." She called out again, giving me a small, almost forced smile.
I have to do it. I have to for her. I want to see her smile one last time.
"H-Hey..flower you doing..?" I choked out, my voice cracking.
"I'm doing good.." She smiled gently.
There was that smile that I loved.
A gust of wind hit us harshly and the petals all ripped away from each other. She disappeared with the petals and out of my arms, leaving me only my jacket to hold. I watched as her golden corollas were carried away by the wind. I gripped the jacket tighter and hugged it closer. I looked up at the light coming from the hole in the ceiling, closing my eyes tightly. I choked out a sob and the tears fell faster down my face.
Come back (Y/n)...
My eyes flew open once again as a kick was sent to my spine. I let out a groan and I coughed painfully. I looked up and my brother was looming over me.
"Get up you fucking traitor." Papyrus growled out and grabbed the chain that was linked to the collar.
He pulled the chain and I grit my teeth in pain as I was dragged across the floor. Papyrus growled and pulled the chain upwards, bringing us face to face. I suppressed the urge to spit the pooling blood in my mouth in his face.
All of it. All of it was a stupid fucking dream. Why did I even think that I could have my sweetheart back in my arms? I wonder if that was a dream or if that was my acceptance of death. I hope it was the latter. Maybe I could be with (Y/n) again.
-------------------------------------------------------
All of you figured out the story from the preview! And this is the end of the bomb. I hope you all enjoyed it!