Chapter 14

Nightmare

"How could he be a warlock, They all died out." I said to Devil as we made our way to class.
"No idea, I thought they were extinct, I think we'd better go to the library after class." He replies making my eyes widen at his last idea. I put my hand to his head.
"Are you alright?" I ask curiously
"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" He replies looking at me weirdly.
"Um you just said 'I think we'd better go to the LIBRARY!'" I emphasis the last word.
"Mhm so we can learn a lot more about Warlocks." He says.
"LEARN?" I yell, "Are you hearing yourself? I think Devlin's rubbing off on you." I add. He shrugged and continued to head for class. As usual the class was all over me asking if I was alright, I replied yes about 50 million times before class started. I sat next to Devil who was listening intently and I quickly copied his notes and read his mind if I missed a part of the lesson. After class we headed for the library.
We began checking through all of the books and found quite a few. Devil was reading and I was too. I grew very tired and soon found myself asleep on his shoulder.
(Nightmare/Dream in Bold Italics)

I walked through a narrow corridor. I could hear knives, cries of pain. I entered a room with an entire side covered with metal bars, inside were... Bodies. Dead, and some alive. The alive corpses, pushed their arms through and tried to grab me. I barely dodged them. I slowly walked down the hallway, shaking with fear...  I opened another door, and my voice began to shake through the walls. 'Evelyn wake up...' 'Evelyn wake up!' The voice grew louder and the floor shook.

I woke up drenched in sweat, and a warm hand rubbing my back. "You were having a nightmare, are you ok?" He asks concerned. I nod and continue reading...