6

Luke's POV

It's been a week since Katie moved in and things have never been better. We are leaving today to go back on the road.

"Baby have you seen my flip flops?" I ask Katie walking into the kitchen.

"I already packed them in your bag love." She says with that gorgeous smile.

"I knew I had you around for a reason." I tell her walking up the stairs to bring our bags down.

I walk down the stairs with the last of the bags and set them by the front door.

"Katie Ann, the bus is here." I say as she comes walking out of the bathroom.

"Well damn, I have good timing." She says with a laugh.

I shake my head and open the door for Carter and Nina.

"Y'all mind some company for a while?" Nina asks hugging Katie.

"Not at all. Y'all come on." I say as Carter and I grab the bags.

We've been on the road for a few hours now and we are all having a great time. Katie and Nina have been talking and laughing almost the whole ride. I can't help but sit and stare at her. I'm so glad that she is back in my life. I knew a long time ago that I was going to spend the rest of my life with her. I can't wait until that day comes. It's too soon to ask her to marry me, right?

Katie's POV

The bus finally stops in Dallas and we just pulled up to the venue. The show isn't until tomorrow night so we have tonight free. Luke and I have decided to spend the night alone on the bus. I'm going to make dinner and we are going to watch movies. It doesn't sound like much, but it's a perfect night for us. He really needs to relax before the show tomorrow.

"Baby, dinner is almost ready." I tell him putting plates on the table.

"It smells amazing. I love Chicken Alfredo." He says excitedly when he sees what's in the pan.

"Well baby, I do remember that it's one of your favorite dishes." I tell him with a smile and a wink.

Luke walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist and kissed my head. We sit down to eat and Luke and I start talking about anything that comes up.

"So, baby doll, what do you think about us getting married one day?" He says out of the blue.

I drop my fork and look up at him.

"You want to marry me?"

"I've wanted to marry you all along Katie Ann. It's always been you."

Tonight is the night of Luke's show. Luke and the guys are at sound check and Nina and I are on the bus getting ready for the night.

"So he really asked you about marriage?" Nina asked me as she was helping me with my make up.

"Yeah. The scary thing is, is that I would marry him tomorrow if he asked me. I love him Nina, and I will spend the rest of my life with him." I tell her right as Luke and Carter walk in.

The show is going great. Nina and I are standing side stage enjoying the show and watching our men.

"I want to bring someone special out here right now." Luke says into the mic.

What is he up to?

"Katie Ann, come on out here."

I get nervous and shyly walk out on the stage. The crowd goes crazy when they see me. Luke has a stool brought out on stage and has me sit down. He starts singing his song "You Make Me Want To" and I get a super cheesy smile on my face. After the song, he helps me off the stool and kisses me. Next thing I know, he is getting down on his knee.

"Katie Ann Harper, I love you with all my heart. I've loved you since the day I met you 8 years ago. Our time apart was very hard on me. I'm so glad that you came back into my life, and I don't plan on letting you go again. Will you do me a favor and make me the happiest man in the world? Will you marry me?"