25

Luke's POV

The boys are staying with Mama tonight and I'm taking Katie out on a date. I haven't spent much time alone with her since Tate was born. My schedule has been crazy and Katie has stayed home with the boys. We just finished dropping off the boys and now we are heading to eat.

"I've missed you Luke." Katie says grabbing my hand.

"I've missed you too Katie baby." I tell her kissing her hand.

"I'm sorry that I haven't been around much lately. I feel like I've been neglecting you and the boys." I continue sadly.

"You haven't been neglecting us baby. You're just doing your job. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way." She says as we pull up to the restaurant.

The date was going great but Katie has gotten very quiet.

"You ok baby girl?" I asked her as we are walking to the truck.

"Yeah, I just got something on my mind." She says looking up at me.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"What do you think about moving back here to Georgia? I mean it's a great place to raise the boys and we would be closer to our families." Katie says with a smile but in a nervous tone.

"I think that sounds like a great idea."

Katie's POV

It's been a couple weeks since we decided to move to Georgia. Luke and I have been talking to contractors so we can get started on building the house. Everyone is so excited that we are moving. I can't wait to be closer to family. I'm in the kitchen cleaning up from lunch while the boys are napping and Luke walks in with tears in his eyes.

"Luke, baby, what's wrong?"

"That was Mama." He says holding up his phone.

"What happened?" I say starting to panic.

"Lee passed away last night." He says starting to full on cry now.

Lee is Luke's brother in law. He was married to Kelly, Luke's sister, that died several years ago.

"Baby I'm so sorry. How are the kids doing?"

"Mama is on her way to pick them up. We need to pack our bags and get on the road."

We arrive in Leesburg and pull into Leclaire's driveway. Luke puts the truck in park and takes a deep breath.

"It'll be ok baby. I'll be right here the whole time." I say kissing his cheek.

He smiles faintly and we get out of the truck. I'm getting baby Tate out of the truck when I see Jordan, Kris, and Til, Luke's nieces and nephew, walk out. They all walk up to Luke and hug him and break down in tears. I can't imagine what they are all going through. As I walk up to them, Jordan, Luke's oldest niece, turns to me and smiles. She takes Taterbug from me and we all walk inside. These next few days are going to be rough.