12

Katie's POV

After spending the night with Nina, I decided it's time to go and talk to Luke. I pull up in the driveway and get hit by a wave of nerves. I'm not sure what I want to say to him. I don't want to leave him but I need to be able to trust him out on the road when I'm not there. I walk into the house and it's completely silent.

"Luke, baby, are you home?" I say loudly.

"Upstairs!" I hear him yell.

I walk up the stairs and into our bedroom and see Luke sitting on the bed. I walk over and sit next to him and grab his hand.

"I came home so we could talk. I want to work this out."

"Katie, I never meant to hurt you. I wasn't expecting any of this to happen. I'm so mad at myself." Luke says with tears in his eyes.

"I know baby. I'm not going anywhere. I love you." I say to him as I pull his face to mine and kiss him.

It's been a couple days since Luke told me about Jenny. We have talked and worked everything out and it's been like nothing happened. I'm packing, once again, to hit the road with Luke. I've gotten almost everything done for the wedding, I just need to order the food and the cake. I still can't believe that in a little under 3 months, I'll be Mrs. Bryan.

"Babe, we gotta go. Caleb just pulled up with the bus." Luke yells from downstairs.

"I'm coming. Will you help me with my bags." I yell down to him.

Before long, we are put the door and headed towards California.

Luke's POV

We are in Los Angeles and I'm waiting to go on The Ellen Show. I'm helping her do a skit for Tide laundry detergent. Katie and I are sitting in the dressing room while I get ready when there is a knock on the door. When the door opens, Ellen poked her head in with a big smile on her face.

"Hey guys! Luke are ya ready for this?" She asks excitedly.

"Yeah, let's do this!" I say making Ellen and Katie both laugh.

I get out on stage and I'm doing my interview with Ellen.

"So, I met your beautiful fiancé, Katie, backstage. She is such a sweet girl." Ellen says.

"She's a very sweet girl. I love her and I don't know what I would do without her." I say with a nervous laugh as a picture of Katie and I about to kiss pops up.

"Is it true that y'all were broken up for 8 years?"

"Yeah, we broke up for a bit when I moved to Nashville. She ended up coming to one of my shows recently and once again, I swept her off her feet." I tell Ellen with a wink.

After The Ellen Show, we head to the venue to get ready for the show tonight.

"Wanna go to meet and greet with me tonight baby?" I ask Katie as she's changing clothes.

"I will if you want me to baby." She says with a smile as she walks up and kisses me.

I grab her hand and lead the way to meet and greet. When we walk out everyone cheers. I have fans that are even asking to take pictures with Katie. As I get closer to the end of the line, I look up and I see her. I lock eyes with Jenny and she smiles.