23

Luke's POV

Today is the morning of my surgery and I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. Katie has been trying to calm my nerves but it's not working.

"Baby, I'm not gonna leave your side. I'll be right there when you wake up. I promise." She tells me as we are driving to the surgical hospital.

"I know baby but I'm still nervous. I just don't like the thought of being put to sleep."

It's not long before we pull into the hospital parking lot.

Katie's POV

I'm sitting in the room with Luke before his surgery. I've been getting real bad pains and I've been bleeding a little since last night. I'm not saying anything to Luke because he has enough to worry about. While Luke is in surgery, I will go and see the doctor. I just hope that everything is ok. A nurse walks in to take Luke to the operating room.

"I love you baby. I'll be here when you wake up." I tell him as I kiss him.

"I love you too baby." He says as they start wheeling him out.

I gotta hurry so I will be back before he wakes up.

I'm freaking out because the doctor has admitted me into the hospital and is getting me hooked up to an IV to give me steroids. I may be having this baby early. I've called Leclaire and she is headed to check on Luke and Nina just got here to be with me.

"Nina, I can't have this baby yet. It's too early and Luke isn't here." I say starting to cry.

"Katie, you can't get all worked up. It's not healthy for you or little man. I know it's hard but Leclaire will have Luke here as soon as she can." Nina says trying to calm me down.

"We don't even have a name for him yet."

They can't get the bleeding to stop and now my water broke and I'm having contractions. The doctor has tried to stop them, but they are getting worse.

"Mrs. Bryan, you're gonna have to deliver this baby." The doctor says getting things ready for the delivery.

Right before I have to start pushing, Luke walks in.

Luke's POV

I can't believe Katie didn't tell me what was going on. I would've put the surgery off had I known. I barely made it for the birth of my son. He's so tiny and we only got to hold him for a minute. Tatum Christopher Bryan was born on August 4th at 4:00pm. Baby Tate will be in the NICU for at least a month before we can take him home.

"Baby, why didn't you tell me what was going on? I would have cancelled my surgery." I ask Katie when we are alone.

"Honestly, I didn't think it was going to end up like this. I'm sorry baby, I should've told you." She says crying.

"All that matters is that you and Tate are ok." I say kissing her and climbing into her bed.