26

Katie's POV

Lee's funeral was yesterday and today we are getting ready to head home. We have been talking about living arrangements with the kids and after hours of discussing, we finally came to a decision. Jordan has her own apartment and she offers to have Kris stay with her, which they were both pretty excited about. As for Til, he is going to come and live with me, Luke, and the boys. We are at Lee's house helping Til get his things and it's breaking my heart to see him getting so upset while he's packing.

"Til, we don't have to do this today. We can just take your clothes and come back for the rest later." I tell him as I walk into the room.

"I know, but I need to do this now. I don't think I'll be able to do this later."

I just nod my head and help him pack some boxes.

Luke's POV

I load the last of Til's stuff into the U-haul trailer and close the door.

"Alright, are we ready to hit the road." I ask wrapping my arms around Katie.

"Yeah, I think you need to go talk to Tilden while I get the boys situated." Katie tells me pointing towards Til.

"Hey buddy, you holding up ok?" I ask Til as I walk up behind him as he stares at the house.

"I'm ok I guess. I just can't believe that I've lost both of my parents and have to leave the home I grew up in. This isn't fair Uncle Luke." He says starting to cry.

"I know that our house isn't the house that you've grown up in, but Katie and I will do our best to make you feel at home and as comfortable as possible. Anytime you aren't happy just let us know. We will do our best to fix it." I tell him as we start walking towards the truck.

Before long, we are making our way to Nashville.

We pull up into the driveway in Nashville and all three boys are in the backseat sound asleep.

"Hey boys, we're home." Katie says sweetly as she opens the door to get Tate out of his seat.

They all stretch and wake up and work on getting out of the truck. I get out of the truck and I show Til to his room.

"What do you think?" I ask him.

"I think it will work." Til says with a light and pushing my shoulder.

I'm glad he's warming up to the idea.

"Well let's get your stuff into your new room." I tell him as we start walking downstairs.

Katie's POV

We've been home from Georgia for a few days and everyone is adjusting well. Til starts at the high school next week and he seems pretty excited about it. Luke is still being pretty distant with me and I'm not sure why. Every time I try and talk to him he either changes the subject or walks away. Til, Bo, and Tate are in the game room playing video games so I decide to take this opportunity to try again, and talk to Luke.

"Luke, what is wrong? You've been very distant ever since we got home. I can't take much more. I miss my husband. Will you please just talk to me?" I say kind of harsh and I instantly feel bad.

"Baby I'm sorry that I've been so distant and I know that I haven't been the best husband or father this past week. I keep losing people close to me and I don't know to handle it. I'm not sure how much more I can take." Luke says breaking down in tears.

"That's why I'm here baby. We will figure this out together. I love you and I want to help you get through this. Now let's go hangout with our boys." I tell him kissing his lips.

I take his hand and we walk into the game room for some family time.