15

Katie's POV

Luke and I have been married for a month now. Everything is going great. Christmas is a few days away and our families will be here in two days. I'm pacing around the room right now waiting for the results of the pregnancy test I just took. Luke will be home from the studio any minute and I'm getting nervous. After what feels like hours, the timer on my phone goes off. I walk into the bathroom, not knowing what to expect, and look down at the test. Tears fill my eyes as I have two pink lines staring back at me. I'm having a baby.

I've been thinking all day about how I'm going to break the news to Luke. I decide to wrap the test in a box and tell him that it's an early Christmas present. I walk downstairs and Luke is on the couch watching the Outdoor Channel.

"Hey baby. How was your shower?" He asks as I sit down next to him and he places a hand on my thigh.

"It was good. I can't wait until Christmas to give this to you so I want you to have it now." I say with a smile holding out the box.

He unwraps the box and takes off the lid and his eyes start to water.

"Luke, honey, are you alright?" I ask him with tears welling up in my eyes.

"We're having a baby?"

"Yes baby, we are having a baby."

Luke pulls me into his arms and gives me a kiss.

"Thank you for giving me everything I've ever wanted." Luke says before pulling me in for another kiss.

Luke's POV

Katie and I decided that we are going to tell the family about the baby over Christmas dinner. We were lucky enough to get in to see the doctor yesterday and we found out that Katie is 6 weeks pregnant. Tonight, Katie and I are enjoying our last night alone for a few days. She is curled up next to me on the couch with her head on my chest and my hand resting on her flat stomach.

"I can't believe that we are having a baby." I tell her kissing her head.

"I know. It blows my mind every time I think about it." She says leaning up and kissing my neck.

It's not long before we are in a heated make out session on the couch.

"Let's take this upstairs." Katie says walking towards the stairs while removing her shirt.

"This pregnancy is gonna be fun. My baby's frisky." I say laughing as I follow her upstairs.

Katie's parents arrived an hour ago and my parents should be here with my nieces and nephew soon. Carter and Nina are spending Christmas with us this year and Katie is so excited about that.

"Baby, will you get the door?" Katie asks poking her head out of the kitchen.

"You got it babe." I say walking to the front door.

I open the door and see my family outside with Carter and Nina. I greet them all with hugs and we all make our way to the kitchen. All the ladies are now in the kitchen finishing up dinner and all us men are in the living room with beer while I'm starting a fire.

"Dinner is ready gentlemen." Katie's mom, Chrissi, says walking into the living room.

Everyone is all seated around the table engaging in small talk while we eat.

"Can I have everyone's attention please?" Katie says standing up from the table.

I stand up and put an arm around her waist.

"Katie and I would like to announce that we are having a baby." Katie and I say the last part together.

Everyone stands up and comes over to hug us. I think all in all, this has turned out to be the best Christmas ever.