9

Katie's POV

Luke's birthday is today and Nina has been helping me plan a surprise party for him. It's nothing to fancy, just a cookout with a bonfire and some beer. We are in a two week break from the tour, so being home makes this party easier. I invited Luke's family, and they've been staying at a hotel until the party.

"Luke, Carter is here to take you to lunch." I shout up the stairs as Carter walks in the door.

"I'll be right down!" He yells back.

"Ok, are you gonna be able to keep him out of the house til 3?" I ask Carter in a whisper.

"Yeah, it won't be a problem. I have a plan." Carter answers right as Luke comes down the stairs.

"I love you baby. I'll see ya in a bit." Luke says kissing me.

"I love you too. Have fun." I say to him and smacking his ass as he walks away.

He turns to look at me and laughs then walks out the door.

Nina and I have been working our asses off to get things ready. Luke's mama, brother in law, nieces, and nephew just got here and are helping us. It's almost 2:45 and everyone is here. They all did an amazing job at hiding their vehicles. Carter should be here with Luke in the next 15 minutes or so. I get a text from Carter saying that they are almost here.

"They are almost here! Everybody hide!" I yell over all the guests.

It's not long before I hear the front door open.

"Katie, baby where are you?" Luke says walking in.

At that time, everyone jumps out yelling and Luke about jumps out of his skin. Once he realizes what's going on, a huge smile comes across his face.

"Get over here you little sneak." Luke says pulling me into his arms.

"So, I take it you're surprised?" I ask him sarcastically.

"Very much so. Thank you." He tells me kissing me.

Luke's POV

I'm so glad that Katie planned this party. Seeing my family and friends always puts a smile on my face. This is the perfect way to spend my downtime. As the sun goes down, we are all sitting around the bonfire drinking some beer. Katie comes and sits in my lap and starts kissing my neck.

"Baby, we can't be doing this with everyone here." I whisper to her with a smirk.

"I'm not doing anything." She says like she's innocent.

Katie finally quits kissing my neck and starts joining into the conversations going on around us.

I wake up this morning to a naked Katie laying on my chest. I smile to myself as I start thinking about what happened last night. The way this woman takes care of me amazes me more everyday. I can't wait to marry her. As I lay there and play with her hair, she starts to wake up.

"What are you doing?" She asks with a laugh.

"Just thinking about our future." I answer honestly as she smiles and I kiss her head.