11

Luke's POV

I get home from being gone all weekend and I know that I have to tell Katie about Jenny. I'm thinking the worst about what could happen when I tell her. I can't lose her again. I walk into the kitchen and Katie has her headphones in dancing around while she puts up dishes. I walk up and wrap my arms around her from behind and kiss her cheek.

"Luke you scared the shit outta me." She says clutching her chest as she takes her headphones out.

"Sorry baby. I didn't mean to." I tell her with a laugh as I kiss her lips.

"So how were the shows?" Katie asks.

"About that. We need to talk."

I can see the confused look on Katie's face as I lead her to the living room and make her sit down.

"Luke, what's going on?" She asks nervously.

"There was this girl, Jenny, at the show and at the meet and greet. She kissed me." I tell her trying to prepare myself for what's next.

"Did you kiss her back?"

"I did for a split second but then pushed her away. It just took me by surprise baby." I say as I watch the tears form in her eyes.

I'm scared to know what she is going to say next.

Katie's POV

" Luke, how could you do this?" I don't understand how you only kissed her for a split second." I say to Luke in tears.

"Baby, you have to believe me. I didn't mean for this to happen. You trust me right?" He asks starting to cry with me.

"I need you to leave me alone. I need some time to myself." I tell him as I get up.

I walk upstairs and start packing a bag. I text Nina and ask if I can stay with her tonight. When I'm done I walk downstairs and straight out the front door. As I start backing out of the driveway, I see Luke walk outside. He tries to stop me, but I just keep trying.

I get to Nina's and I'm telling her everything that Luke told me.

"Katie, what are you going to do? I know Luke would never intentionally hurt you. He loves you." Nina tells me.

She's right, I know that Luke would never hurt me. Much less lie to me.

"I know Nina. I just need a night to process this."