Chapter 18

I looked at the building. So much happened over the summer it seemed like more than just a few months. But I would only be going here for a month then I'm out. I'm working and then I'm doing home school online. Tory stood next to me and I held her hand."Come on let's get you to the office." I guided her to the office and helped get her schedule. Showing her to her room then I went to find my own homeroom with Gina and Dylan. We looked at our schedules to see all three of us had first and second together along with the fourth-period lunch. Sadly we didn't share a third or fifth period.

Together we made our way to room two four one. We sat together in the back sticking with each other watching as students started to make their way into the classroom. Right before the bell rang I watched as one of the handfuls of people I was trying to avoid walked in. Lily took a seat at the front. I looked at Gina to see she was looking at me. Dylan doing the same. Both looked at me worried.

Eventually, I just paid attention to class. I had a feeling she wasn't going to mess with me since the last time we saw her, I threatened her. She did look scared. Then again facing her and treating her took a lot out of me. It didn't help that it was a bad day or even with what happened yesterday. But throughout the class, she didn't glance back once. That could only be taken as a good thing right?

"Okay everyone, remember to bring your books. We are going to start with the lessons tomorrow." The bell ran and everyone stood. Lily walked out fast. Together Dylan, Gina, and I walked to our next class. Right before I got in I was stopped by Blake, Wyatt's friend from the team. I went on a few double dates with him and his girlfriend who happens to be on the team with Lily. Or used to maybe. Now that she's pregnant she won't be able to do much on the team. That news spread like a wildfire more than a month before school ended. One fire I'm looking not to start.

"CJ can I please talk to you?" I nodded to my friends allowing them to go ahead. Blake and I went off to the sides leaning on the dark blue lockers"What's up with Wyatt?" I froze.

"What?"I asked. Doesn't he know. Doesn't everyone know by now?"Wyatt and I are broken up. Have been for a while. How do you not know?"

"I've been traveling with the family around the world, kind of took a break from social media. It's a real eye-opener to what a person is missing?"

"What are you now Buda Blake? What's going on?"

"Seriously you two aren't together?" I could only read the confusion on his face but it quickly turned into a question. "I thought you two would be together forever...Forget what I said..."He started to walk off but I caught his arm stopping him.

"Wait I may not be his girlfriend anymore but that doesn't mean I don't care. What's wrong with Wyatt?" I asked. Maybe it could confirm my suspicions. Wyatt didn't exactly look like himself the last time I saw him. But I was also just trying to get out of the situation. Make sure he didn't see the baby growing in my belly.

I watched as Blake went through his mind debating whether or not he should tell me. He was trying to be loyal to his friend I understand that...But I was Wyatt's girlfriend. I helped him when he was sick, falling behind on school, upset...I was his rock. Just as much as he was mine. Blake is close to him seeing Blake worried about him was not a good sign. I wonder how many others on the team feel the same as Blake.

"Okay,...He's just acting a little off."Blake leaned down closer making sure no one could hear. "I heard what happen at the party when I first got back...I just thought all of it was rumours. Like the majority of things in high school are. But Wyatt's... he's different. I visited him when I got back last week. He's not really happy, he's lost a lot of weight. Not to mention he's not playing this year. He's going somewhere dark CJ. It's scaring me."

"He's not really Wyatt," I said. Wyatt loved the team he would never stop playing. He never forgot to call someone back and happy was his staple. Kind and happy. Sticking up the street kid's art and even turned them into stickers allowing him to place one where ever he went. Clean up at parties' school and unsupervised parties. Whenever I was going through a hard time he was right there for me.

"The guys on the team are worried. He showed up to practice today on two hours of sleep. He could barely stand. Said he had been working two jobs most of the summer. That's why he can't play" My heart sank. Was Lily just to lazy to be working? Making Wyatt do everything? I'm pregnant and I'm working at a doggy daycare. "I was just hoping you knew something. Sorry by the way." He walked away hands in pockets and I walked into my class. I sat at the round table with Gina, Dylan, and Oliver a kid from my tenth-grade English class. Everything that Blake said to me ran on a loop. 

Seeing as it was a history class the teacher Ms. Banner gave us the layout for the semester and what we would be learning. Things we might need over the year. Books we had to sign out. When done we still had a lot of time left so we watched a movie. Mulan, how appropriate for a history class right?

Of course Gina, Dylan and I didn't bother watching. We texted each other.

What did Blake want?-G

He wanted to know what was up with Wyatt.-C

What do you mean by that-D

That he's not himself. Blake told me Wyatt's working 2 jobs. He even quite the team.-C

What!why?-G

Apparently, little miss princess can't work I guess.-C

That's stupid.-D

There's more. The way Blake is describing it Wyatt seems miserable. He's changed.-C

This is crazy--Hey I'll be right back Bathroom break.-G

I watched as Gina stood and walked to the teacher. The teacher let her go and she left into the hallway. Dylan leaned over to me."Should we be worried?" Dylan asked. I shook my head and turned my attention to the movie.

Time went by and when it had been ten minutes and the bell rang and Gina hadn't returned from the bathroom. Dylan and I stood looking at each other."Are you sure we shouldn't be worried?" he asked.

"Maybe." I grabbed Gina's backpack but Dylan took it off me. We walked out of the classroom together and into the hall only to hear Gina yelling.

"Move! Yeah, Move! Get out of my way! Emergency hello!" I watched her dark hair flying around as she pushed through students. A look that said I committed a crime and won a million dollars to pay for the lawyer expenses look.

"Oh no...that can't be good." I heard Dylan say. I just nodded as he pulled me closer. With the speed she was running it had to be good.