Chapter 22

"Are you sure about this?" I asked sitting in the back of Detective Greens car with Wyatt. We sat outside of the school. It was nearly eleven o'clock at night. I was tired so the only thing keeping me awake was getting ready to see my son in my arms. Also the pain. The pain that was proof that child was mine. I couldn't really walk or run but sitting was the only good position to be in. Wyatt sitting his hand in mine the only thing making me feel

"I'm sure it's the only way." Wyatt kissed my forehead then got out of the car. I looked at Detective Green.

"Tell me the truth," I said leaning in-between the two front seats. Detective Green looks at me. I couldn't read any clear emotion on his face.

"CJ, We prepared him." That wasn't an answer but it was the best I was going to get. I took a deep breath and kept a look at the school. Green got out of the car and then let me out. I wrapped Wyatt's leather jacket tighter around me taking in his warm cinnamon scent. Green pulled out the tablet then pulled up the video feed we had on a hidden camera we had on Wyatt. Audio soon came up as well. He rounded a corner into the gym and I saw her. She held my sleeping son in her arms as she sat on the bottom bleacher bench and a stroller near her. She looked up with a sick smile. Putting her index finger to her lips she shed Wyatt.

"Our boy is sleeping." She said. It took all the strength in me to not just run in there and beat the shit out of her, in turn, making me shake. I watched as my car pulled up next to Greens. Gina, Dylan, and Tory all got out. Gina ran to my side as she watched the video with me followed by Dylan who was holding Tory close who was clearly scared."Isn't he wonderful." she rocked to side to side.

"Yeah, he is." Wyatt lied. It hurt but it quickly went away know why he's saying what he is. He needs to get on her side."Can I hold him?" He asked

"In a minute. I want to just look at our son and talk to you," she said.

"Okay. About what?"

"Are you done with her? That little liar? The bitch who took you away from me." she looked serious. She really was crazy.

"Yes...Lily, I am. I'm ready to be with you." As much as that made my blood run cold I just kept in mind what the policemen said at the station."Keep her calm. Keep her happy. Don't provoke her. Just lie. Lie because yours and your son's life is in danger." Officer Wilson said. That's all Wyatt was doing. Lying. She stood, a smile back on her face. Creepy as ever.

"Good. I got us tickets to California."

"California?" I asked at the same time as Wyatt.

"Yep. I found us a small house near the beach and every day we can look out at the ocean. Neil can grow up in a nice place, learn to swim, maybe even surf."I wanted to hit her. I watched as Gina walked away to the school but one of the policemen grabbed her bringing her back to me. Wyatt had warned them that Gina might try and get in. Stop everything and get Him and AJ out of there herself. Not like she couldn't do it, but we don't know what Lily has."Sounds nice right?"

"Yes, it does. Sounds amazing. But what about..our parents don't you want him to know his grandparents?" Wyatt asked.

"Maybe yours. My parents wanted to send me to boarding school in England. Thought it might do me good. I didn't like it so they are taken care of."That brought a chill down my side. Taken care of?

"What do you mean Lil?" He said. He told me that was the nick name she wanted to be called. Said it made her happy and calm.

"I pushed mom down the stairs and locked her in the basement. I locked dad in the closet. That was a while ago." My jaw dropped. I watched as two police men jumped into their cars and started heading down the street I'm guessing to Lily's house. Gina gave me a funny look then Tory took my hand. I could tell this was all freaking her out."They were mean anyway. Daddy beat me remember. I don't want a monster like that near our son." I was ready to pounce. I was ready to kill her myself.

"Officer Green I need my son out of there now, she's a killer."

"We can't. CJ you can't interrupt this, Wyatts doing good."

"How about we wait. Till Neil wants to meet my parents. I don't like mine much either." She looked happy at my son playing with his little hands and I wanted to scream. Wrap my hands around her neck till she was dead. I've felt that much anger in me before. Green put a hand on my shoulder. I took in a deep breath."The two of us we can run away. Never look back here."

"Really? You mean it? Just the three of us?" she asked. My legs where shaking I was about to just fall from the fear. If she can get away with taking my son I'll search until I kill her and get him back.

"Yes. I mean it. Hand me Neil and you make sure we have all of Neil's things." he said. I could see him put out his arms.

"Okay." She handed AJ to him. She turned away and I watched as the glowing red dots appeared on her body and Wyatt started to back up.

"PUT YOU HANDS UP DON'T MOVE!" I heard men say. Lily stood straight turned back to Wyatt, she looked pissed. So mad she might kill a person. And she could."HANDS UP!" She did. Wyatt back up more and more.

"How could you! You betrayed me! Our family!" she yelled. Wyatt ignored her and he rounded the corner and I watched as he moved quickly. I looked up at the front door and saw as he jogged out. Our son in his arms. I felt the tears build and I ran. I couldn't stop myself, I ran for it. I ignored all the pain I just ran to Wyatt.

I reached him and he handed me AJ. I held him close to my self and Wyatt and I felt to the floor as I held our son.

I held him close to my body. Little A.J had no idea what was going on he was still sound asleep. Wyatt held me close and I felt as more people came over. Dylan, Gina, and Tory joined our group hug. I felt better.

My son was in my arms. He was with us and safe. I wanted to wash everything of Lily off and scrub the memory out of my mind. AJ would never remember but the rest of us would.

The scar of today would never fade or go away.