Chapter 26

Lewis was coming home in just a few more days. With AJ being nearly seven months old I'm afraid Lewis won't recognize him. I texted Wyatt told him that I was going to the store with Annie and might not be home when he was. I heard laughing in the living room so I looked around the corner and saw AJ laughing while Koda put his head on top of him. I pulled my phone out and started videoing. I couldn't resist. I sent it to Gina, Dylan, and Wyatt. Sitka walked over and joined on the dogpile.

I had got the diner bag ready and then grabbed the car seat. I walked back to the living room and got AJ buckled in."There we go." I left meeting Annie downstairs in the parking lot. I got in my car and followed her to the store. Meeting up we put the car seat on the cart and started walking around. "Are you excited about Lewis coming back?" Annie asked.

"Of course. And the best part is I got him a date on Saturday with Bella my friend from work." Oh, work. I went back to work at the doggy daycare. Aiden had expanded and got a building for it. A training area, grooming, and hotel area. It was a full-on business while I go to school to get my degree as phycology, business, and childhood development and education. But training dogs on the side has been amazing and honestly freeing.

"You set your brother on a blind date?" she asked with a raised eyebrow and a small smirk.

"Well, a double date. He's home for Two weeks. I'm just hoping things move quickly enough that they end up married in like two years." I said.

"Really? What if they don't like each other?" Annie asked arms crossed as we stopped in front of the apples. I grabbed a bag and started to fill it with apples.

"Oh trust me. He's told me plenty of times what kind of girl he's looking for. " I put the bag in my cart and we started walking again stopping at the vegetables."Bailey fits perfectly. She's really smart, beautiful with dark brown hair, she's weird in a very good way and isn't afraid to be herself. Oh and she's really funny, always making puns and joking around. I will say one thing he'll never be bored."I put the bags of spinch, carrots, and asparagus. We continued moving into the meats section.

"Wow, she does sound perfect. Speaking of relationships..." Annie stopped in in front of the cheeses."Do you know if anything is going on with Gina and Dylan?" she asked.

"Not really why?" We continued to the eegs and milk.

"I've noticed that Gina and Dylan are spending more time together. Both are keeping secrets about where they've been. I'm just a little concerned."

"I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me, they've acted like an old married couple for years. Oh, Maybe I could trick it out of them."

"I'm spending some well needed time with my husband. But you have a key so just go ahead."

"Great." AJ started getting fussy so I picked him up.

I had always wondered if there was anything actually anything going on with those two. They have always had a tension between them no matter how close of friends we were. The sarcastic comments and jokes between them...I had even always wondered what it would be like if they got together. It would be all four of us constant double dates. For a while, I've had a feeling Dylan has to have some kind of feeling for Gina thanks to the looks I've seen him give.

"Hey we're going to uncle Dylan's house." I said to AJ as I woke him from his nap. He saw me and smiled."Yeah.." I stood. I heard the front door open and close.

"Honey?" I heard Wyatt say loudly.

"I'm in the nursery." I said as I picked AJ up from his crib to the changing table. As I changed his diaper Wyatt walked in giving me a kiss on the cheek."I'm going to Dylans in a minute wanna join?" I asked.

"Sure let me just change." He walked away to our room. I got AJ in a dark blue onsie and a pair on jeans I put socks and shoes on him along with a hat. Wyatt had joined me in the car and we made our way to Dylan's. On the way, I told him of our suspicions. Wyatts idea to see if anything was going on was to be sneaky and quiet. And it seemed like a good idea.

Once we got there I let us in using my key. Wyatt took the carseat with and got AJ out and handing him to me."Let's go up to his room." I set AJ on my hip and Wyatt followed me as we walked up to his room. We approached his door and I started turning the nob.

"Dylan, we need to- AAA." Wyatt and I screamed at the same time.

"AAA!"Dylan and Gina yelled covering themselves with Dylan covers. I shut the door and stood the frozen for a few moments then Wyatt and I looked at each other wide eyed.

"Did that just happen?" he asked me.

"Yep. We just walked in on our best friends." Smiles grew on our faces and we started to laugh no doubt they could hear us in the room.

I held AJ close as I heard things falling in Dylan's room. Wyatt and I calmed down and a few moments later the door opened again. Dylan had on jeans and a t-shirt now and Gina had on one of his shirts and her shorts."You with me." I pointed to Gina.

"You with me." Wyatt said to Dylan.

"But we-"

"Now." I said cutting Gina off. Dylan walked off with Wyatt to the kitchen and I walked with Gina to her room. She sat on her bed holding AJ as I started walking back and forth.

"Are you going to say anything?"She asked.

Was I? I couldn't tell if I was happy at the fact my best friends where finally together or if I'm mad about the fact and they didn't tell me. "I want to know a few things. How long has this secret relationship been going?" I asked.

"Since the wedding. We wanted to keep it quite."

"Even from me. From Wyatt? We're your best friends?"

"We didn't want things to fall apart if something happened." Understandable. But anyone who knew us things won't just fall apart.

"Fine.." I looked at her as she held AJ close."One more thing.." She looked at me waiting for my question."Are you trying to have a baby because I saw no-"

"No Casey!" She said as she stood."Don't get me wrong I love AJ I do but I'm not ready for that. Regarding today...it was a big unexpected and not planned for."

"Okay.." she smiled at me and gave me a hug."Yeah, I love you too."

"Can we save Dylan from Wyatt now?" she asked. I nodded.

Together we walked down stairs. I saw Dylan and Wyatt playing cards and Lewis standing behind them looking out at the back yard."Oh My God!" I ran over to Lewis and jumped up on him hugging him. I hated that he was away for a long time. After he leave it will be even longer though. Nearly a year.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you too.." He hugged me back and after a minute he let me go."It's nice to be back. And it's interesting what conversation I walked in on."

"I know." I said."Things have changed." I said.