1. Unexpected Encounter!

"Manik this is nothing new for you! It's one of the usual games we play! And we need to have some fun in life bro! What shall we do for two whole months apart from recording in this tacky village."
Cabir said turning the bottle around. "Okay fine! But who is my target?" Manik asked him looking around searching for her. "Her!" Cabir replied pointing his finger towards me.

I was short heighted girl with a not so bad figure! My hair touched my waist and I had black eyes with a tinch of kajal in them. I always dressed myself in punjabi suits and applied a rosy red lip gloss which added to my glossiness! Chachi used to run a business of cosmetics which was the only source of income as well as my dreams. Seeing myself as a model was the first thing I wished for. My parents left me when I was 4 and Chacha left Chachi after 6 years of their marraige. Being the only heir I had to earn money so that Chachi could live peacefully now. She never restricted me from pursuing my dreams rather supported me. I had come there to fill some water for the next day when I saw a tall guy approaching me. It was dark and I couldn't figure out his face until he hit the light and I recollected that he was Manik Malhotra. He lived in this village and we were best friends till he left for his music studies further for London! He had his grandparents living here and I guess he and his friends are here for some recording!

"Hey!" He said standing just two steps away from me. I looked at him and smiled back. "I am Manik!" He introduced himself. All I noticed was he had grown handsome. His chocolaty brown eyes could drown anyone. His jawline was perfect and his shoulders broad and strong. "Nandini Murthy!" I said turning around closing off the tap. "Ahh wait a second Nandini is that you? Nandu? The Fatso! "
"Yes it's me Mr.Manik Malhotra the rockstar! You forgot me I didn't!" I said picking up the pots of water. "I didn't forget you I completely remember you its just that you have grown beautiful!" He said. "And you handsome" I whispered. "Hmm kuch Kaha tumne?" He questioned to which I nodded in a no! "Give I will pick them up for you!"
"No its fine I do it everyday!"
"So let me do it for you today" He took the pots and held them tightly as we both walked down the streets of the village where I had spent a lot of good times with him. We both had some adorable memories.

"So Tum Kabse Aise typical girl ho gayi?"
"Jabse Tum typical city ke boy ho gaye!" He stared at me blankly not understanding a single word of mine.
"Actually I started giving auditions for modelling so had to be!" I exclaimed! "So Fatso turned out to be This! Don't worry Tum Aise achi lagti ho!"
"Aur Tum Aise!" I replied smiling. "Tumhe Kabse modelling ka interest aa gaya?"
"I guess Tumhare saath movies dekhte dekhte maine Un actresses ko seriously le liya. So everyone motivated me into this! I thought why not give it a try."
"Toh woh saamne Mangalam Jewellers ke advertisement poster pe bridal dress mein tum ho!" He asked looking at the ad poster right in front of us which was hanging on the road.
"Umm Haa! Woh Nandish Uncle wanted a model and he has always wanted me to stand out from the first day itself. Jab unhone offer kiya toh I couldn't refuse." Manik stared at me as I was talking and I could feel his gaze on me.

"You are struggling yet!" He teased. "Manik sabko Tumhari tarah easy way se success nahi milti. You have your Dad working there in London but people like me have to walk through fire to reach lights. After you left I completed my studies and Chachi told me to pursue this career. Many people talk about me passing negative comments on my Career line but all I have learnt is to achieve something you need to Ignore everything! I can't let Chachi work all her life, I have some responsibilites towards her! Though I wish I could see my parents smiling at me but fate doesn't want that." He slightly touched my face and cupped my cheek. "Nandini! I Love You!" He stared deep into my eyes while I found my world stop at his words! "Kya?" I stammered all along. "Hahah! Look at Your face! Darr gayi na. That was just stop you from crying. I know how you are! Jabhi uncle aunty ki baat aati hai you get emotional and you know I couldn't see your nose turning like a tomato otherwise Tumhari ye hot model wali image mere samne wapas tomato jaisi ho jaayegi!"
"Manik" I hit him on his shoulder. " Tum Hamesha aisa karte ho!"
"You should surely meet my friends Nandini! They would love you." Manik demanded. "Pakka milungi! Let me see mere alawa tumhe aur kaun tolerate kar raha hai!" I giggled. "Oh am I that bad?" He asked like a baby to which I nodded in a no. "You are even worse" I yelled and ran laughing along the roads. "Nandini" He followed me to catch up with my speed. "Rehene do Manik tumse aaj bi nahi ho paayega" I shouted looking at him and suddenly I hit someone in the front. "Oh Harshad!" I whispered.