21. Heartbroken?

"Hey Guys, Finally we meet. I am so happy to have a conversation with you'll! It's a pleasure" Aryaman expressed as we all stood in a group where my eyes were still looking at Manik. "Congratulations Navya and Cabir! You know Cabir tumhare toh maine bohot interviews sune! Infact Nandini kept saying about you being by her side but Navya at last I get to meet you!" Navya and Cabir fake smiled, infact everyone was a bit off mood whereas it was supposed to be a happy go moment. "So Nandini, I hope you enjoyed without me" Aryaman asked me circling his arms around my waist as he pulled me closer to himself and I could see anger raging in his Manik's eyes. He gritted his teeth and lowered his head fixing his hands inside his pockets. "Cabir could you just lead us to the stage, we have some important announcement to make!" I already knew what all of this was! And frankly I did not want to stop any of it.

"Hey Ladies and Gentlemen, Can I have your attention please! Since its Navya and Cabir's Big Fat Indian Wedding I feel delighted to announce that me, Aryaman Khuranna will soon get married to Nandini Murthy! I felt that this could be the best time to share my happiness with all of you and what could be better than another wedding leading it's way when one isn't over yet!" I smiled widely as we hugged on the stage and looked down to search for Manik, I saw him moving out of crowd and in the very next moment I couldn't spot him. Through all of this, I felt his possessiveness but I did not let it overpower me in anyway. The party ended on a happy note for all the guests except us for my marriage was announced.

"Cmon Nandini let's get your stuff shifted" Aryaman said "I'll get it! Don't worry" I replied positively and moved towards the room which once I used to address as ours. At first I knocked the door, but there was no response, then I realized the door was open and I stepped in looking for him. My eyes rolled around and scanned the room but he was nowhere! It scared me when I did not find him but then I let it go and dragged my luggage outside when I felt a pair of hands helping me. It was him! I turned to stop him "I'll do it" He ignored me completely and carried my stuff till my room. On our way he did not even look at me for once. He dropped my luggage at the doorstep of my new room, I thought of Thanking him but he just made his way out of there.

"Nandu, I wonder how it would be on our wedding day and a night before our marriage! I mean abhi Navya aur Cabir ko kitni achi feeling aa rahi hogi! It would be so different" Aryaman showed his excitement for our upcoming marriage while I just passed smiles. "Hmm". We had changed and he lied down beside me holding my hand "And you know I can't wait for this day to come" He confessed. After a while he was fast asleep while I was staring at the fan hanging on the ceiling. Something pricked me inside! I wasn't happy though I always wanted this to happen. I always wished for a lifetime with Aryaman. Then what is it now! I battled with my heart and mind when mind spoke "Don't lose! It's time Go for it". I shooed away all of the thoughts roaming in my head and freed my hand carefully from his grip. I left the room quietly as I felt sleep deprived and moved ahead to our place. I stood at the corner of the cruise when I noticed him on the opposite side. He had been sleep deprived too it seemed. The cool breeze touched my face and I stepped ahead to have 'the talk' with him.

"Sleepless?" I questioned while he just shifted his head to the other side. "Well I know you aren't quite happy with the news of my marriage, but still I would like to invite you Mr.Malhotra! And one more thing, how does it feel to taste your own medicine? Well I hope I did not hurt you a lot! Jitna bi kiya ho usse toh kam hi hoga Jitna tumne mujhe hurt kiya tha! Woh kya kehte hain! Karma works. Well it does! I am Sorry well actually I am not and lastly do show up at my wedding, your presence means a lot!" I smirked but then I felt tears rolling down from his eyes. It hurted me! Why Nandini why is it hurting you! All this while you've been waiting for this day to show him what it feels like being used but today when it is happening why can't I see him crying? I left him alone and went ahead towards the pool area and sat there dripping half of my legs in the water. "Why do I feel guilty when this is what I wanted to do? Why does it hurt me to see him hurt? Why can't I see him crying? After all everything's happening the way I wanted it to happen! I'll get married to Aryaman in a couple of days and about Manik, I've shown him what it felt like when he left me! If this had to be my happiness then why am I not happy? If this had to be my forever then why can't I live it?" I shut my eyes and his crying face flashed which eventually lead tears in my eyes too. I cried like cats and dogs, I don't know for what! I noticed his ring, his gifted bracelet and that 'NM' Locket which I used to wear! Truth was that those weren't just my initials. They did mean a lot to me once upon a time! I used to find my solace in that tiny thing. I clutched it tightly when suddenly I heard a loud sound.

"THUD" I turned around only to find Manik fallen down. He tried to get up but failed each time. I rushed to him frightened "Manik" I supported him but he pushed my hand off him. "Move! I don't need your help" He screamed and that's when I noticed a bottle in his hand. Probably he was drunk and was not in his senses. "Manik get up" I said but again he pushed me and I fell backwards "Move I said! Are you this dumb not to understand that I don't need your help anymore. I can handle myself" He got up trembling unable to stand and having sips from his bottle continuously. He jerked me away and walked off, but I followed him. "Go away! Can't you understand! Why are you following me?" I decided not to pay heed to any of his shouts rather help him so I held his hand and made him walk "Kar liya na tumne jo tumhe karna tha! Khush hona tum ab? Kyun aayi ho mere paas?" His words made me cry, it made me feel bad about myself. I somehow managed him till the room and made him lie down on the bed "I don't know why I ever fell in love with you" He confessed and dozed off while I stood there with tears flowing out of my eyes. His last sentence repeated in my head as I palmed my mouth and ran outside crying badly.

I lied there wondering what made me do this? All the times I spent with him! Did they really mean nothing to me? Did I really use him all this while to take my revenge even after knowing the fact that he loves me unconditionally. Tears couldn't stop falling from my eyes. I always have had this mindset that Aryaman is the best for me! But why is it paining now? Since the day I came here I had planned all of this! I agree that sometimes I got carried away but not that I wanted this to happen this way. Did all of this was destined? Manik and I are never meant to be together, I am not the one for him! I can never be! What is this mess that I've created! Why can't I get him out of my head? Why can't I just let him go for forever? Why is he affecting me now? I took every feeling of his as a joke! Every moment we shared was fake! Every gift he gave did not have value! This is what I had thought of! Everything is going according to what I wanted. He is broken! Heartbroken! Then why am I? Heartbroken?

Okay! Guys I know I know! You'll want a happy happy thing but this is what I had planned for the story so this is how it goes. Secondly this story is gonna end soon in a couple of chapters so do you'll want me to write a sequel or continue the story in the same book! Moreover drop in your ideas for Book 2 if you want me to write it because there is not much of a good idea that has hit me till now. Thirdly please guys comment! Why do I see the response lessening? It demotivates me! Here I am planning a Book 2 and you'll are lessening the response please don't do this!