20. Dreams Or Reality?

Manik came and stood behind me watching me through the mirror, as I struggled with my dress. I had to tie the ghagra, for which I was holding it trying to fix it. He slided my hair to one side of my shoulder having the access to the other. He knew I couldn't leave the dori of my ghagra and that's when he used his weapon. He kissed my shoulder while I tried stopping him. "Manik" Paying no heed to any of my pleas he dug his face in my neck and hid himself kissing it. "Manik please" I moaned but he remained unaffected. He further kissed my earlobe and turned me around with a bang. His hands reached out to the dori of my ghagra and suddenly mine left it. He tied it not breaking the gaze while I did not even look elsewhere other than his eyes. He circled his arms around my bare waist and whispered "Don't force me to ruin your lipstick" I looked at him with my eyes popped out and he gave his all time famous smirk. "Aur agar kiya toh?" I don't know from where I had the guts to ask him that, he pulled me a bit closer "Challenge accepted" He left the room shutting the door and I was baffled.

I stepped at the place where the Sangeet ceremony was to take place but suddenly I felt a pull and I knew it was him

I stepped at the place where the Sangeet ceremony was to take place but suddenly I felt a pull and I knew it was him. "Manik Kya kar rahe ho?" He placed his hands on the either sides "I love troubling you and now that you've challenged me I have taken it seriously. Will be right back baby" He said and everything went Dark.
"Manik! Where are you? Manik?" I called for him like a baby calls for his mother.

Tere sang yaara
Khush rang bahara
Tu raat deewani
Main zard sitaara.

There he was singing yet another song for me! I knew this was for me. I didn't even need his confirmation.

O karam Khudaya hai
Tujhe mujhse milaya hai
Tujhpe marke hi toh
Mujhe jeena aaya hai.

For the first time his face sparkled, shined and glowed. He had a kind of happiness on his face, a smile which I had never seen before!

O tere sang yaara...
Khush rang bahara
Tu raat deewani
Main zard sitaara

I felt lucky to have him, though I did not confess anything yet! But I knew this had to happen! I knew he was mine forever.

O tere sang yaara
Khushrang bahara
Main tera ho jaaun
Jo tu karde ishara

A round of applause followed his song and mine was the hardest one! I didn't just clap, I jumped in happiness! The lights again went off and I don't know what it was with him and lights. He knew how scared I was still he had to do this! "Nandini" I felt his whisper just near my ear in that darkness. I almost shuddered and shivered due to his warm breaths. "I know you are afraid, trust me I am here! It's time Nandini please say it! Please" He begged me but I had to trouble him. "Manik, wait for it! I want to make it special" But how could he control himself. "You look irresistible and I am sorry for this" I wondered for a while what was he sorry about! But within a second I found his lips capturing mine. He kissed me like there was no tomorrow and held my waist for more. I clutched his hair and held his shoulders for support. We broke the kiss as we felt breathless.

"Mr.Abhimanyu Singh" We heard Mukti's voice and turned to watch her standing in the spotlight amidst the darkness. Everyone was silent while she spoke "I don't know whether this is the correct time or no but all I know is you're the person whom I would never lose. No matter however bad I am, however moody I am, I know you'll always hold my hand in every situation, and if you do it as a friend then I would like to have the privilege of experiencing it as your partner. The way you fought for me made me realise what you mean to me! I Love You" Abhimanyu had tears of happiness in his eyes! He came ahead and jumped on Mukti picking her up and twirling her around. "Yes Mukti I Love You! I do" He confessed along, and we all adored them in awe. How I wished that there comes a day when I'll experience the same. "Don't worry! You'll have a much better experience,I promise" He snuggled in my ear and I smiled widely.

Everyone was happy except Amar, I could feel his pain, he was heartbroken. He had decided to complete the dance thingy and leave! To be honest if I would have been on his place then I would've done the same. The ceremony started with a lot of whistles and shouts. Since Abhimanyu and Mukti were the new couple they were targeted and had to perform first. They danced on Dilliwali Girlfriend. It seemed like they were one happy and content couple from now only! It seemed so perfect though nothing went according to Amar's planned dance series. Alya and Dhruv were next who did their coochy coo while they danced on Sab Tera.

Ishq bulava jaane kab aave
Ishq bulava aave jab aave..
Main ta kol tere rehna
Main ta baitha kol tere

This wasn't our song still it played. I knew Manik was behind all of this! He danced , twirled me around, carried me up but did not stop staring at me.

Tainu takda ravaan
Baaton pe teri hansda ravaan
Pagal main khud nu banaanda ravaan
Tu hansdi rave, main hansaanda ravaan
Tainu takda rawan

He kissed me each time we clashed with each other. I wondered how he had the talent of hiding and still teasing me.

Ajeeb rangaan di tu hai badi
Lage alag hi jahaan di
Ajeeb rangaan di tu hai badi
Lage alag hi jahaan di

"I know what you're thinking! Our first dance together right at Navya's engagement?" He whispered in my ear making me flush red.

Ae to nazraan nazraan di gal ve
Tu vi sun le zaraa
Main taa kol tere rehna
Main taa rehna kol tere

He rolled me around and I played with the tune closing my eyes hoping that he would hold me at the correct time so I didn't need to worry! And finally he held my waist and I placed my hands on his shoulder. But today it felt different! It was not him. I opened my eyes to find Aryaman standing there and smiling at me. I smiled back at him to show him how happy I was on his arrival but when I looked beside Manik was standing there like a deaf. He was numb and I could see his nostrils flaring in anger. It was quite weird that this happened like this. The song ended and so did my dreams.

SORRY! I know that was too small as an update plus it was boring right? Please don't lose interest in this story pretty please! It is going to take unexpected turns believe me. I stopped at a cliff because I wanted Aryaman's entry to happen this way. Let me know what you think about this story and rate it from 1 to 10! Drop your views! Much Love💋