11. On A Roll!

"Cabir yaar Make it fast bro! Kitni aur sherwani try karega tu? Ek perfect wali choose karle!" I yelled from the hall room waiting for Cabir's ramp walk to end! He had literally pissed me off since morning trying a number of clothes! But I won't blame him for this. After all it was his marraige happening! I sighed and waited for him when my eyes caught the sight of that magazine lying on the couch! I could figure out who it was from a distance too! I quickly grabbed it and the moment I saw the cover page my world turned upside down!

 After all it was his marraige happening! I sighed and waited for him when my eyes caught the sight of that magazine lying on the couch! I could figure out who it was from a distance too! I quickly grabbed it and the moment I saw the cover page my...

(This was all I could do to make it real! Sorry🙈)

What the hell! Nandini Murthy accepts her relationship with Aryaman Khuranna? Was this exactly what I read? And the rest of the words were just printed to add some fuel to the already caught fire! Just the picture of this guy annoys me and Nandini is dating her? How can she? "Dekh Yeh wali best lagi mujhe?" Cabir came wearing his so called last sherwani! His words had reached my ears but I was only staring at the cover page! "Cabir!" I called him in an angry tone. "Kya hai yaar Manik bolna yeh kaisi hai?" My nose flared in anger and I replied! "Yeh magazine tere paas kya kar rahi hai? Kaminey tu yeh sab jabardasti karta hai na? Kitne baar kahun tujhe Nandini ke saath galat kiya maanta hun par tu! Tu toh samjhega nahi! Tujhe yaad nahi jis din hum wapas aa rahe the us din kya hua tha? Woh kabhi mujhe maaf nahi karegi!"
"Manik! Chup kar yaar sun liya kar kya bolna hai" He too shouted to break my lecture. I looked at him with a changed expression! "Uss Magazine mein meri aur Navya ki shaadi ki news hai yaar! Yeh dekh" He pointed at the lower part of the page to show his happy news which surely was unnoticed by me! But it wasn't my mistake! Nandini's relationship status was doing the highlights! "Tujhe toh aaj bi Nandini ke aage kuch nahi dikhta" I rolled that book in anger and left the place leaving a pleading Cabir behind! "Aree Manik meri magazine toh deta jaa! Meri aur Navu ki picture hai!" I replied back yelling as I sat in my car "Dusri khareed lena!" He surely smiled after this! Cabir exactly knew how she affected me even today and that's the reason he did not leave a single chance to tease me!

I stepped in my house and stared the place! Without waiting for a single minute I settled myself and caressed her picture! How much she had changed. Her hair which was as beautiful as always! My memory took me to that time when she was afraid of wearing what I had selected for her and the way I had supported her.
"Umm... All these dresses are... are too short for me! I mean I have never tried them. How will I carry myself?"
"Look at yourself Nandu! you look perfect in every manner its just that you need a bit of confidence and smile on your face"
Then a smile crept on my face remembering how she was two years ago and how confident she looked with that attire in the picture! Yes it had been two years since that incident. A lot had happened in these two years! Nandini had left no stone unturned in climbing the way of her career. She was one successful model now! Exactly what she had dreamt of! She looked one ethereal lady now! Any guy would go head over heels for her and to be honest I never missed her one show or ramp walk rather any interview on the TV! I had learnt that she was on the correct path because she looked confident and I guess that is why she could carry these clothes on herself! Infact she now could do everything which she feared of! But one thing always roamed in my head that did she move on? I knew her love was real and pure. She was hurt but she won't move on ever and according to my mindset this news was enough to ruin my dreams. I gathered some courage and turned the pages moving to page no 3 as the book said! There she was!