17. Gifting Moments!

I hope the update is worth the wait! I've taken a lot of efforts for this one! Go ahead☺

I woke up as the sunrays disturbed my sleep and unknowingly after a long time a smile crept on my face which was rare! Usually I used to wake up shivering because of my nightmares but today it was different! I felt good being beside him, having him as a support for my weaknesses and living my little moments with him! His face took irritating turns because of the rays, I don't know why but I did not want him to wake up so I rushed to the window and covered it with the curtains! Maybe because I was loving his serene face, his innocent eyes, his messy hair, his pouty lips! I went back and sat beside him, he was lying on his stomach with his face on my side. My fingers travelled in his hair drawing circles in it. He snuggled more in the bed sheet! For sometime only, I felt like forgetting everything and resting in his arms! After yesterday night, somewhere he had proved that he cared for me, he knew how I am! My heart wanted him now, it wanted the happiness it deserved, it wanted the love it had craved for! But! What if he leaves me again? No he won't my heart shouted! I bent down and kissed his forehead!
"You love me don't you?" He whispered near my ear, I immediately backed off and sat straight! "You're awake?" I questioned him to avoid what he asked "This is not the answer to my question Nandu" I stammered a little as to thinking what should I reply because the reality was Yes probably. I Loved him unconditionally! "Uh Woh my phone is ringing there's a call!" I tried giving an excuse and got up but he caught my hand and pulled me towards himself with a jerk making me land upon him! My face fell on his and my lips touched the corner of his unintentionally. My eyes bulged out in shock as I pulled apart from him. His hands curved my waist which gave me goosebumps all over my body! Manik always knew how I shivered to his mere touches and he used to have this as a weapon! He digged his nails in me pulling me closer to himself while my fingers fiddled with his shirt. "Your phone is switched off since last night, so there is no chance that it rings! Your excuses aren't working, just say it please! We've had enough of these games now I want to experience my life with you. Last night you almost gave up! Nandini I want to...." I couldn't hear those words anymore! "Aryaman he is the one" I muttered only to see his red face almost bursting in anger. He did not push me off rather rolled us and climbed upon me holding me captive to show all his rights! He wanted to show that I belonged only to him and by taking Aryaman's name I had challenged his rights on me. "You can't even confess your feelings for him properly and you want me to buy this excuse? You know where I see us 6 years from now? I see you gossiping with Aryaman at a party about your husband who loves you to the moon and back and of your little baby kitten who is innocent like you but naughty like me" This guy was crazy, he surely was something and I wanted him to kiss me right there! He imagines himself as my husband. Every girl needs a man who loves her no matter how moody she is and dreams of his future with her just like the way she does. In my case, he was the one! "Ma..Manik I don't have an answer to this" I darted out rudely pushing him off and continued "You want me to accept you and build a relationship? Manik ek relationship build karne ke liye trust chahiye hota hai, care chahiye hoti hai, selflessness and sacrifices chahiye hote hain. Neither of this exists in our lives, how do I take a step ahead then?" I controlled my single tear which was about to flow down from the corner of my eye and picking my stuff up went to the washroom leaving him astonished. I shut the door tightly and slipped down on the floor with flooded eyes. I was pretty sure he must be in the same situation, because I knew he loved me! I was crying cats and dogs for a long while after which I came out drying my hair. He was nowhere near in the room. The only thing that roamed in my head was did he feel bad about my words? I don't know but I cared! His mindset affected me. I searched for him in the balcony and everywhere around but he was nowhere to be seen. This scared me! Where was Manik?

I ran past the corridor when I found him playing with a baby in his hands. The baby's mother was probably pregnant again and was finding it difficult to carry her little one so Manik was doing the honours. I unknowingly walked behind him watching both of them cuddle! Each time Manik pinged his nose the baby used to kiss him back on the tip of his nose. As he saw the baby laugh he blowed his mouth in the shape of a balloon and the smalley would punch on both of Manik's cheeks to pop it out! The baby's giggles surely brought a smile on our faces. He dropped both of them to their rooms and turned around to leave when he found me! He just smiled sheepishly and walked away. I found it a little weird but then realised that there was surely something going on in his head.
I felt something pulling my dress, when I looked down I found the same baby standing there with a gift in his hand. I bent down and took it assuming that it was for me and kissed him on his cheek. The gift had a letter with it which read