19. Secrets Out?

After a wonderful dreamy night we were lying all dozed off on the bed cuddled up into each other, my face hidden in his chest and his legs capturing me in his grip. I felt numb because of the weight, his weight to be precise which I was carrying on myself all the while. I woke up only to find myself close to him and I did not want to break that solace. His arms gave me that peace which I won't find anywhere in this whole wide world! So I snuggled more into him and slid his hand around my waist, eventually sleeping again.

After sometime I did not feel him close to me, maybe he woke up carefully not breaking my slumber but then THUD! He failed. Till the time I could register that noise in my sleep and come to terms with what happened I heard his shout "Ouch". I pulled off the blanket immediately and looked besides but he wasn't there. "Manik" I called and searched for him. There he was lying on the floor with his injured back and a painful expression. "Manik" I squealed and jumped down to look after him. "Kya hua how did you land up here? Tum toh soye the na then" I questioned him supporting his shoulders helping him to get up but he slipped again! "Aah! Woh... I got up and then I saw you sleeping! I was.... I was kind of.... kind of admiring you so I did not notice my shoes lying here and I tripped on them!" He confessed so innocently and cutely that I couldn't resist myself from pulling his cheeks. "Aww!" And then I broke into laughter. "Hahaha! Manik... I...I told you long ago to keep them at place otherwise you'll fall and look today!" I laughed loudly but controlled my giggles when I found his angry mode on. I helped him get up and made him lie on the bed. But then again I broke into laughter. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to himself "If you laugh one more time I'll kiss you right here and you know I have the capability to do that" My eyes bulged out of their sockets because I knew he was very much capable of doing that so taking the advantage of the situation I freed myself and ran to the washroom saving my life. "Manik but still" I halted at the doorstep of the washroom and teased him again almost chuckling at him. He acted as if he was about to get up and kiss me placing his one leg on the floor, and the moment I saw that I rushed in bolting the door from inside.

"Nanduuuu!" I heard him whine from the washroom when I was blow drying my hair. I went inside only to find him fallen again. "Manik I don't understand how you end up falling down. Babies are way more careful than you. When you couldn't walk then why do you have to show off your attitude and manly skills. Chale gaye nahane!" This guy knew all the ways to irritate me. I was shouting at him here because of his carelessness and he was busy ogling at me and then he says he was admiring me so he lost balance. "Manik" I shouted and broke his trance. "Ahh....aah" He faked pain just to make me wait there and make him bathe. Such a drama king! Yes he was. I sighed and looked at him, he made his very famous puppy dog face and I melted. I helped him out whenever he couldn't make it up, sometimes pouring water on him and sometimes soaking him in the soap. The end result was we both were damp with bubbles around us! Being the opportunist he was, he ran his finger along my arm and then my elbow. I couldn't help it much because of the condition and moreover we were in the same tub! A Big round one. "I am waiting" He whispered in my ears breathing his warm breath. "F..For?" I fumbled and he smirked answering "Those three magical words" I acted all unknown in front of him "I don't know what you're talking about" He narrowed his eyes at me indicating that he had caught me. "Oh! You don't know? Should I say it?" I looked at him with my eyebrows cringed up and pouty lips. He continued and it created butterflies in my tummy only on the thought of him confessing it this way. "Let's go out" He said it in a go and giggled. I pushed him but he pulled me back and pecked my pout. "I am still waiting" He cleared out his point and I ran back outside with my cheeks flushing to the darkest shade of red.

"Manik stop troubling me and let me do it first" I instructed him to sit straight as I was applying an ointment to his injury. "I know! You want to see me shirtless. This ointment is just an excuse ain't it? I know everything Nandu because I am smart" He showed off his handsomeness accusing me of drooling over him when the truth was he just had to find ways to tease me. "Shut up! Or else stay this way! I won't help" I warned him and he suppressed his smile. He pulled off his shirt and sat facing his back towards me so that I could apply it easily. "Manik can you be stable for a while? It's almost done" He kept moving and I understood, it must be hurting! I was done and then I came out wiping my hands and putting on my slippers I started leaving the room. "Where are you going?" And here was Mr. Detective Malhotra with his quiz list! "Rehearsals" I replied but it seemed that he had some other plans for that time. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me backwards making me fall on the bed beside him. "Kya kar rahe ho Manik? Hato Mujhe jaana hai!" He made a frustrated look on his face and pouted "Yaar tumhara Hamesha ka hai Nandini! You always find ways to run away from me. Aaj nahi!" He was almost yelling and I was struggling to escape.