First Dates (Part 1)

Ned the Pie Maker (Pushing Daisies): It was your first official date with Ned, and you arrived at the Pie Hole at 10pm as per Ned's request. You weren't sure what his plans were, so you went for a simple yet elegant black dress. You thought maybe a night out in town or a nice walk along the embankment. So, when you walked into the pie store, you were a little surprised by Ned's usual outfit - a white dress shirt, black vest and pants, and an apron tied around his waist. You looked at Ned questioningly. Did he forget?

"Before you say anything, no, I didn't forget that tonight's our date," he muttered with a small smile as he walked towards you. He helped you out of your coat and draped it over a booth nearby. "Now, let me help you with this," he held up an apron and helped you into it, tying a bow behind you to secure it. "Ned?"

He chuckled. "You've always asked me to teach you to make your favorite pie, so I thought why don't we do that tonight?"

Your eyes widened for a second. "Really?!" You had been begging Ned since day one to give you a lesson, but he had always refused. So, this was definitely a surprise to you, that he was willing to share his secrets. He walked ahead and gestured for you to follow him to the kitchen. He had the ingredients all laid out and he slipped on a pair of plastic gloves, as you did the same. You shook your head at how neat and prepared everything was on the island.

"Ready?" he asked. You nodded and the lesson began. It wasn't as hard of a feat as you had anticipated, and Ned was - not surprisingly - a very patient and good teacher. His instructions were clear, and in between the lesson he would make a pie related joke just so he could watch you laughed. As he inserted the pies into the oven, you began cleaning up around the kitchen. He couldn't help but chuckled softly to himself, leaving you alone in the kitchen for a moment. You didn't notice his missing presence since you were so engrossed with the washing up and humming a random tune. It wasn't until you were done at the sink and turned to face the front of the shop again did you realize what Ned was doing.

You slowly made your way to the front of the store as Ned was rushing from corner to corner, lighting up the candles as he placed them. Most of the store was already lighted up and you couldn't quite believe what he was trying to do. All this effort for a first date?

"Damn!" Ned cursed under his breath when he realized that his surprise was no longer a surprise. You laughed and bit the insides of your lower lip, making your way closer to him. He tilted his head slightly as you approached him.

"I know you don't like this, but I really want to do this now," you said softly and laced your arms around his neck, pulling him closer to you as you pressed your lips against his. Your eyes fluttered closed at the impact, so you weren't aware of Ned's widened eyes. It didn't take long for him to feel accustomed to the intimacy between the two of you, so he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer. This made you smiled into the kiss, causing Ned to do the same. You had been wanting to taste those lips for as long as you could remember, and finally being able to do so make your knees buckled and your head light.

Joe MacMillan (Halt and Catch Fire): Due to the secretive nature of your growing friendship and intimacy with Joe, it took the two of you almost half a year before Joe suggested the idea of going on an actual date. It was interesting being with Joe because everything happened in such a whirlwind fashion. You did things somewhat backwards when compared to the norm. Prior to this date, you had already seen each other naked, you were well-versed with each other's quirks and mannerisms, you made out with one another, and had gone beyond that. It wasn't that Joe was keeping you a secret, in fact you were the one who insisted on keeping the whole thing hush hush. At the beginning, you weren't sure whether it was something real and lasting or just something that both of you needed. But now, the two of you were certain that this thing between the two of you was something that both of you would like to pursue. You were aware of Joe's past relationships, but was adamant on going forward with this relationship, taking it as it came.