Movie Nights

Ned the Pie Maker (Pushing Daisies): A sudden jerk from the person sat next to you caused you to burst out laughing. You fell sideways onto the couch, giggling as Ned stared at you indignantly. "It's not funny!" he exclaimed. You sat back up, still in a fit of giggles as you studied his glare at you. You were watching the horror flick, Insidious since it was on TV, and you were expecting yourself to be the one who would be scared first, to be the one who embarrassed themselves first. However, Ned was the first to react. He jumped at any sudden noises and all the jump scares. So, you spent majority of the film either in giggles or hugging Ned. From that night onwards, horror films had been you and Ned's go-to genre of film on movie nights. It gave Ned a reason to hold onto you and he didn't mind being scared for two hours since it made you laugh. As long as you were smiling and laughing, Ned didn't mind feeling scared momentarily.

Joe MacMillan (Halt and Catch Fire): Joe was surprisingly a big fan of crime/drama films. So, films like Scarface and Godfather became the source of entertainment during movie nights. He was also a fan of Robert DeNiro, especially Taxi Driver. You could see why, with his history with New York city and the isolation the character felt. These movie nights were rare with Joe, so you didn't mind the violence since it kept Joe still for a few hours and not worried about work. You loved Joe's laziness on nights like these. The way his fingers twirled around your locks of hair as you leaned against him on the couch with an arm draped across him. He was all yours during movie nights and that was all that mattered.

Aaron Tyler (Wonderfalls): "Star Wars!"

"No. Star Trek!" you huffed, crossing your arms. That was your dilemma on movie nights, deciding on a sci-fi flick to watch. Aaron was a huge Star Wars fan and you were anything but a Star Wars fan. But you did give in to him once and allowed him to "educate" you on the awesomeness of Star Wars. By the end of the marathon of the classic trilogy, you were still feeling indifferent towards it which annoyed Aaron. So, it became a quest for him to change your mind, and movie nights became a mix of bantering, cuddling, and popcorn tossing.

Thranduil (The Hobbit): Movie nights with Thranduil tended to start with a slight protest from you about what films to watch but you always ended up giving in to Thranduil's pick. It was always a war film. The thing that you loved about watching war films with Thranduil was his own take on the film or a story from one of the many historical books he read. Listening to him was enough to make the films interesting. But on most of these nights, it would end with you asleep on the couch next to him and he would allow you to use him as a pillow. In those moments, he would turn to watch you sleep instead of the commotion on screen, appreciating your trust on him.

Roy Walker (The Fall):. With Roy, movie nights were fun. It always ended with a debate about the film, what either of you liked and disliked about it, what could have been improved, and a comparison with other films. Both of you preferred the independent scene where films had a fresher and somewhat bolder take on storytelling. Nights like these would start off with both of you cuddled on the couch and end with excited chatters about a film that both of you would make if given the chance.

Whit Coutell (Ceremony): You always made sure that movie nights happened at Whit's. The screening room at his home was every movie lover's dream personal cinema. It was filled with DVDs and film reels of varying genres. The seats were comfy and on some nights, you would push back the couches and chose to lay on the carpeted ground instead. Both of you enjoyed comedies, especially the classics with Steve Martin and Robin Williams. Whit's laughter was contagious, so nights like these usually ended with either your cheeks or stomach hurting from all the laughs and smiles.

Garrett (Twilight): Garrett wasn't much of a film person. He preferred books, but if he had to pick a movie for movie night, he always ended with the black and whites - films with Chaplin, Astaire, Gable, Hepburn and the likes. It always started the same way, both of you on the couch, eyes focused on the film, and as the story unfolded, you would become distracted from Garrett's lips on your neck, his attempts to distract you from the screen that was clearly boring him. So, both of you rarely finished a film in one seating, yet you kept bugging him for movie nights.

Ronan the Accuser (Guardians of the Galaxy): Ronan's a huge fan of psychological thrillers. He loved figuring out the puzzles that were the characters and the plot. So, the two of you would try to solve the puzzle before the other one did, and the loser would have to clean up afterwards. This resulted in bickering, some light tackling and eventually apologies and make-out sessions.

Roman (Possession): The surprising thing about Roman and his tough exterior was his soft spot for romance films. You discovered this when you were channel surfing with Roman's head rested on your lap as he laid spread out on the couch and Romeo + Juliet was on TV. You were about to switch channels when Roman stopped you, and the two of you ended up finishing the film. From that night onwards, romance was the go-to genre of film during movie nights. It mellowed Roman out, it made him lovey-dovey which was a good break from the norm.