How He Annoys You

Ned the Pie Maker (Pushing Daisies): You were at the Pie Hole with Ned and Digby. There was no one else around. You were leaning against the counter, waiting for Ned to finish with the last touches of cleaning up the place. You watched the lean pie maker removed the apron around his waist and hung it. You smiled, knowing that it was the end of the night. You were reaching out for Ned's hand when the slightest touch startled him causing you to retract immediately. It had been a while since the two of you had begun dating, yet there were moments where you questioned Ned's fear of intimacy. You being a very tactile person felt unnerved by the idea that you had to be cautious with the notion of holding your boyfriend's hand or touching his arm, and that you had to be the one to initiate most of the kisses and hugs. There were times where you wished he would be the one to approach you first. And tonight wasn't a good night for him to react in such a way. He smiled sheepishly back at you but it had been a long and rough day, so you weren't having it. You sighed, clearly annoyed. "I think I'm just going to head back to my place tonight. I'll see you tomorrow," you mumbled monotonously and walked out the shop before Ned even had the chance to process and respond.

Joe MacMillan (Halt and Catch Fire): You were about to pack up and leave the office when Joe waltzed in with a smug smile plastered on his face as he headed towards you. Normally, you would've found that to be an attractive sight, but tonight you couldn't stand it. He was about to pull you in for a kiss when you backed away. "Where the hell were you, Joe?!"

Joe furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms. "I was at a business meeting. You know that."

"You could've told me that you were going to be late." You glared at him. You could see his rage grew. "Since when do I have to report to you?" he spat back.

You let out a groan in frustration. "Do you even care about me, Joe? Do you even care about us? Am I just a game to you? Something you play with when you're bored?"

"Where is this coming from?"

"I'm sick and tired of wondering whether you really love me or you're just saying it to get things your way? I'm tired of feeling like a hobby to you. I'm a person too, Joe. I have feelings too. I have my own needs, my own priorities. I can't just keep waiting for you on the sidelines for whenever it's convenient for you. I'm going home now, and I suggest that you give this." You motioned at the both of you. "A good, hard thought - whether it's something that you want for real or it's just a hobby for you."

Aaron Tyler (Wonderfalls): "Ha! I was right!" Aaron cheered and jumped off his seat. You rolled your eyes and slumped further onto the couch. "That's not the point, Aaron," you muttered through gritted teeth. Aaron was no longer listening; he was jumping around the living room, clearly proud that he had proved you wrong.

"Ugh!" You got up and grabbed your bag pack.

"Where are you going?" Aaron asked, finally stopping.

"Home," you mumbled as you headed for the door.

"Why?! We just started to have fun!"

"No. You are having fun." You spun around to face him. "Why does everything have to be a competition? You don't have to prove everything, Aaron! Jeez!" You turned and stormed out the house

Thranduil (The Hobbit): "I still don't understand why you refuse to move in with me. This place is a dump in comparison," Thranduil complained as you unlocked the door to your apartment. The elevator was under maintenance so the two of you had to take the stairs. You peeled off your coat and tossed it over the couch in the living room.