Waking Up Next to Him

Ned the Pie Maker (Pushing Daisies): Waking up next to Ned was something you had come to love. His slightly parted lips, drool dampening the pillow he was resting his head on. Uninhibited Ned was adorable. You loved tracing random patterns on his bare skin, sometimes spelling his name, sometimes spelling yours. You would watch him stirred and slowly wake up. Every time his eyes met yours first thing in the morning, the corners of his mouth would curl into a warm smile. A light blush graced his cheeks as he realized once again that you had been watching him sleep, and he had been drooling. The problem was that he had grown so comfortable with you that there were no longer any barriers standing between you and him. So, naturally, this showed even with the way he slept when you were next to him.

Joe MacMillan (Halt and Catch Fire): Running his hand over your back, his fingertips gently grazing your skin, Joe realized then that this was something he couldn't do without you. He couldn't get this from a random hookup, where his first instinct in that situation was to leave or get the stranger to leave. He loved the smell of your hair in the morning - before it was washed - when it smelled like you, and not the shampoo that reminded him of you, but you. He loved receiving the first kiss in the morning from you as a sign that his day had just began – even with the morning breath and all. The feeling of waking up next to you was priceless, it was something he would never be able to find anywhere else.

Aaron Tyler (Wonderfalls): Waking up next to Aaron would include a guarantee that you would end up smiling before you even left the bed. Even half-asleep, he would find a way to sneak in a joke or a cheesy comment or a complaint about waking up which never failed to make you smile. You would sneak close to him, feeling his body pressed against yours as you laughed into his arm. You loved that it felt like the world had yet to catch up with either one of you as the both of you laid in bed, showering each other with peppered kisses on the neck, on the shoulders, and of course the lips.

Thranduil (The Hobbit): Waking up next to you was like home. It reminded him of the beauty of Middle Earth. He loved the way you looked without any makeup, all the flaws visible for him to admire and remember. He loved how unguarded you became with him, but most of all he loved that he was the first thing you saw when your eyes fluttered open to greet the brand new day. He would pull you close, whispered his 'I love you' and pressed his lips gently against your eyelids and finally your lips to help you brush off the fogginess of your still sleepy mind.

Roy Walker (The Fall): 'What did I do to deserve this life?' was the first train of thought that ran through both Roy's and your mind when you woke up next to one another. His eyes locked with yours as your hand explored the features of his face and the freckles on his shoulders. His fingertips grazed your skin as he did the same, causing goosebumps to rise on your arms. His legs tangled with yours as you studied one another. Being in a bubble with him was something you could get used to waking up to.

Whit Coutell (Ceremony): Watching you sleep while the morning sun filtered through the thin white curtains that moved in sync with the breeze that swept through the slightly parted glass doors to the balcony made him felt like he just woke up in a movie. Not a movie set, but a movie. He loved the way your skin glowed under the golden sunlight, and the gentle snores from you grounded him to the reality of the situation. It was a sign for him that you were real, that this was real, that he had finally found the one person in the world that could fill the void in him, making him whole.

Garrett (Twilight): With Garrett being a vampire who didn't need sleep, it came as quite an odd revelation when he told you that for the past seven hours, he had been watching you. You thought he was joking at first, or perhaps exaggerating, but you later discovered that he wasn't. He was always able to tell when you had a nightmare or a pleasant dream because he would watch the way your eyes fluttered from side to side as you slept, the pulse of your heartbeat, and sometimes you might whimper in your sleep if you had a terrible dream. He used these hours spent next to you in bed as a way to study you, to imprint every little detail about you in his mind. It was a little disturbing at first knowing that he was just lying next to you, watching you the entire time, but after a while, it was odd not having him around. You felt protected whenever he was next to you, and you loved the way he ran his fingers through your hair to lull you to sleep at night.

Ronan the Accuser (Guardians of the Galaxy): The little things were what got you about waking up with Ronan. Even in his sleep, he always made sure he had a hand on yours or rested on top of your torso. It was as if he was scared that you might disappear when he woke up. You would snuggle close to him, burying your face in the hollow of his neck, and allowed his scent to envelope your senses. In these instances, his arm would find a way around your body, holding you close, and reveling in the beauty of each other's presence. You loved the sound of his heartbeats and the slow rise and fall of his chest with each breath he took and exhaled. During these mornings, a meteor could destroy earth and you would have no regrets.

Roman (Possession): Waking up with Roman always made you late for work. Why? Because whenever you woke up with him by your side, he would make you feel as if anything you had scheduled for the day didn't matter – all that really mattered was you and him. All you cared about was his arms around you, his body pressed tightly against yours, and his lips on yours. In the mornings, Roman was mellower and a gentler lover. You could literally stay in bed all day with this man, and some days, that was exactly what the two of you did. You would eat in bed; there would be no urgency for a shower or even change out of your pajamas - if there were pajamas being worn. Lying in bed next to Roman, talking about each other's hopes and dreams while making out between conversations was one the best things you had ever known. You had never been happier, and neither had he.

A/N: Something short and sweet. Hope you've enjoyed this. x