When He Caught You Singing

Ned the Pie Maker (Pushing Daisies): You were folding the fresh laundry in front of the TV in Ned's apartment. You were surfing the channels when you found one that was broadcasting Enchanted. You left it on as you folded the clothes. It was then when the scene where Giselle was about to clean Robert's apartment came on and you knew the song she was about to sing word for word. It was sort of a guilty pleasure of yours.

"Come my little friends as we all sing a happy little working song..." you were grinning from ear to ear as you sang along. It made folding the laundry less of a chore and a little more enjoyable. This went on for the next two or so minutes until the song ended. You let out a sigh just as the character did and leaned back on the couch. A familiar chuckle and clap made you realized that you were no longer alone in the apartment. You turned to see Ned laughing softly as he came over to give you a peck on the forehead. "You should sing more often," he said as he sat down next to you. 

"You heard the whole thing?" you asked, slightly mortified and embarrassed by the thought. You knew you weren't a singer material, not even close. "Not really. I caught the end bit," he grinned. Your cheeks heated up as you continued to fold the laundry, slightly relieved that he didn't hear the whole song. Ned noticed your cheeks turned red and chuckled at the sight as he helped you with the laundry.

Joe MacMillan (Halt and Catch Fire): You let out a contented sigh as you sunk deeper into the hot bubble bath. You could feel your muscles began to relax. You placed a towel behind your head and used it as a pillow as you closed your eyes, appreciating the wonders of a hot bath and the amazing voice of Bill Withers playing from the bedroom. You had it blasting in full volume. When one of your favorite songs played, you couldn't help but sang along with it, your eyes still shut. "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone..." The smell of the lavender bath salts overwhelmed your senses as your body relaxed. It had been a while since you had a bubble bath, the apartment you were staying in at the moment only had a shower, so when Joe said you could come over this weekend and stay, you had decided to take full advantage of his bathtub.

"Y/N?"

Your eyes shot open as your voice trailed off. Joe was standing by the bathroom door. He had a sly smirk plastered on his face. "Do you realize how loud the music is?" he asked in a raised voice just so that you could hear him over the music. You frowned apologetically. Joe shook his head and left to turn down the volume a little. You weren't sure how much he actually heard you sang and you weren't particularly sure whether he was mad about you blasting the music. Not until he returned with his suit off and he was only in his white undershirt and a pair of checkered boxers. Your eyebrows rose at the sight. "Joe?"

"Relax," he cooed and knelt down next to the bathtub. He took the sponge floating around the water and reached for your arm. "Continue singing," he directed as he wiped your lower arm slowly with the sponge. "You don't have to feel shy around me," he said as he soaked the sponge again. "Besides, you have a nice voice."

You weren't sure what to think or feel about this side of Joe. He seemed so gentle, so loving. You leaned back once again and closed your eyes, forcing your attention back to the song and not Joe's soothing strokes on your arm. Soon you were relaxed again and began singing softly. Joe smiled at the sight and occasionally hummed along to the tune as he wiped down the rest of your body, the whole while he kept a close eye on you. He hadn't really pampered anyone before, so to do this felt a little out of character for him, yet it felt so right with you.